Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moowwow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2016, 09:18 AM
    ETG test for probation
    drank 8 glasses of wine 5.6 oz. From 5pm-10pm Friday I had 5 glasses of wine. Then stopped for 2 hours and had another 2 glasses at 12am. At 6am Saturday I had 2 more glasses of wine. Now I have my EtG test at 5:30pm on Monday. Last drink was 6am. Sat 6am < Sun 6am = 24hrs, Sun 6am < Mon 6am = 48hrs, Mon 6am < 5:30pm = 11.5 hrs. 59.5 hours total. Do you think I'll pass? I have been drinking water non stop since 8am this morning. Did a ton of housework though that isn't exactly working out. So worried. I am 37, 5" tall and weight about 125lbs.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 18, 2016, 09:43 AM
    Pass or Fail, I hope you learn your lesson..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2016, 11:05 AM
    You are "so worried".? With a last drink at 6am, you obviously need help. Too late to worry now!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 18, 2016, 01:38 PM
    Unlikely that you'll pass. The cut off which most experts agree on is 80 hours, you're below that. Also, if you're drinking more water than normal you could fail for dilution.

All you can do now is hope you pass, and then get help so this doesn't happen again. Drinking at 6am is a huge red flag that you have a drinking problem that you can't control yourself, drinking when you know you're on probation and failing an ETG could land you in jail, is another huge red flag that you have a problem you can't handle by yourself. There's no shame in getting help, and there are many programs available.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2016, 05:49 PM
    I will agree, it is very unlikely you will pass, Your best chance would be to tell the PO the truth, and ask for assistance in a program to help you over come your addiction.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 18, 2016, 05:52 PM
    It's to late to worry about passing or failing but odds are you have a bigger problem that will lead to failure if not addressed. Is this your first test? If not, how did you manage to pass the other tests?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2016, 06:01 PM
    I agree.. get ready for the fail... if you manage to pass this you better run straight out and buy a lottery ticket before the luck runs out.

You really need to address the alcoholism because it IS the 900lb gorilla in the room.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 18, 2016, 06:24 PM
    I've already posted, but I want to add this.

You may feel that everyone is ganging up on you, but that's not the case at all.

Fact is, you probably will fail this test, and if you're honest with yourself you realize you have a very real problem avoiding alcohol. It's an addiction, and most people can't overcome it by themselves, even if there's the threat of going to jail.

You need very real help to overcome this. I don't know what resources are available to you, but you need to find out what they are in your area, and you need to use them. If you keep doing what you're doing, and manage to pass this next test, it's only a matter of time before you fail.

It's time to accept that you have a problem and work towards getting rid of that problem. It won't be easy, but it is doable. The only person that can do it is you.

If you need any help find resources where you live, ask, we're more than willing to help. But do realize that the next step isn't fooling the system, it's to stop fooling yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How reliable are the EtG test for probation? [ 1 Answers ]

I drank heavily on Wednesday night. I then had a 20oz beer on Thursday night. I did not drink after that and ran 3 miles on Saturday and then again on Sunday. I did not drink 'loads' of water, but did drink enough to keep me hydrated being that I was exercising. I had probation that Monday and I...

EtG test for probation [ 1 Answers ]

I had 5 shots Thursday night and had to drop Tuesday at 6 am. I am a thin female, 120 lbs. Should I be worried

Does MO Probation use the EtG alcohol test? [ 0 Answers ]

I am curious if Missouri probation and parole does the EtG testing for alcohol... I am not on probation for an alcohol related offense. I had a urine analysis today and she sent it to the lab

Does Fl. Probation use EtG urine test? [ 1 Answers ]

If someone drank 10 drinks on a Sunday and then was tested 5 days later through an EtG test would the person pass?

Does Ohio use EtG test? OVI probation [ 5 Answers ]

I am on probation for one year for an OVI offense (.072 on the breathalyzer) and was wondering if the Ohio Probation Department uses an EtG test for people on probation with my offense. I was told by one person that they would have told me if it was being administered instead of standard...

View more questions Search