Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2016, 12:30 PM
    The Coming Trump/Putin Administration
    Trump being Putin's boy, what can we expect from the Trump/Putin administration on the international scene during the first year of their joint presidency?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2016, 06:15 PM
    While I doubt anyone can seriously believe Russian connections, but good relationship with Russia, like have with most of the rest of the world, would be a great thing, for import and export and world economy,
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 12:31 AM
    We have to stop this nonsense
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 05:44 AM
    US policy towards Russia will not change. If anything we will have more leverage because a vibrant US energy policy renders the Russian petrostate irrelevant .The Putin's of the world have exploited the emperor's attempt to destroy the American domestic energy industry . The Putin's of the world have exploited the emperor's feckless foreign policies . The Putin's of the world have exploited the American draw down of it's military strength.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 06:05 AM
    I assume those Putins include Saudi Arabia
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 06:50 AM
    yes ,all the scum . You see this is just another cover-up and/or false flag by the Obots . Congress wants to investigate and again is being stone-walled .

Here is the most recent statement by House Intel Chair Devin Nunes :

“In the course of the House Intelligence Committee’s ongoing oversight of cyber-attacks during the U.S. presidential campaign, we have not received any information from Intelligence Community (IC) agencies indicating that they have developed new assessments on this issue. I am alarmed that supposedly new information continues to leak to the media but has not been provided to Congress despite my letter asking for more information on this topic, and despite the Committee’s request to schedule an urgent classified briefing that would set the record straight on the IC’s current assessment. As part of its ongoing oversight, the Committee has now planned visits to the FBI, NSA, CIA, and DIA in January so members can further investigate this issue in the 115th Congress.”

Here is his Dec 12 letter to DNI James Clapper :

The Honorable James Clapper Director of National Intelligence Washington, DC 2051 1
    HVC-304, THE CAPITOL WASHINGTON, DC 20515 (202) 225-4121
    DAMON NELSON
    STAFF DIF]ECTOFI
    MlcHAEL BAHAFI
    MINORITY STAFF DIRECTC)Fi
    Dear Director Clapper:
    Media articles published over the last several days have highlighted supposed analytic disagreements within the Intelligence Community (IC) over alleged Russian cyber activities relating to the recent U.S. Presidential election. Such articles have stated, among other claims, that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) have developed conflicting intelligence assessments and delivered to Congress cdivergent messages" regarding the Russian government's alleged cyber attacks connected to the election. The claims in these articles also appear to conflict with recent IC statements to the public and to this Committee characterizing alleged Russian activities.
    Over the past several months, the Committee has received multiple briefings and assessments from the IC on the alleged Russian activities and cyber threats. On November 17, 2016, you told the Committee during an open hearing that the IC lacked strong evidence connecting Russian government cyber-attacks and WikiLeaks disclosures, testifying that c6as far as the WikiLeaks connection, the evidence there is not as strong) and we don't have good insight into the sequencing of the releases or when the data may have been provided.% According to new press reports, this is no longer the CIA,s position.
    In light of the Committee's robust oversight efforts on these issues, I was dismayed that we did not learn earlier, from you directly) about the reported conflicting assessments and the CIA,s reported revision of information previously conveyed to this Committee. The Committee therefore has an urgent need to accurately understand the current IC assessment of alleged Russian cyber-activities relating to the election, and any disagreements among IC components.
    I therefore request that you, no later than December 16, 2016:
    . Brief the Committee, with participation by the CIA and FBI, on the current assessment of the IC on the alleged Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election;
    Brief the Committee on the status and plans for the Presidentially-directed review of Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election; and
    . Provide to the Committee a coordinated, written, IC assessment, with participation from the CIA, FBI, and the broader IC, on the alleged Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election.
    Furthermore, I am deeply concerned that these press reports may contain unauthorized disclosures of both classified IC information and the contents of closed intelligence committee proceedings. Additionally) if true, reports of conflicting IC assessments call into question the effectiveness of the IC's analytic coordination process regarding this crucial issue. Therefore, I also request that, no later than January 13, 2017:
    . Your Office Of Analytic Integrity and Standards completes-and provides to the Committee- an analytic and tradecraft review of any IC assessments related to alleged Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election; and
    . You provide the Committee with a written assessment of whether any classified information was disclosed in recent media articles related to Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election.
    I am sending copies of this letter to CIA Director Brennan, FBI Director Coney, and Defense Intelligence Agency Director Stewart for their awareness. Thank you for your timely attention to these important matters.
    Sincerely,

Devin Nunes Chairman
    2 INCLASSIFIED
    Copies to: The Honorable John Brennan The Honorable James Coney Lt Gen Vincent Stewart
    ZZZd..-``
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2016, 08:25 AM
    Hello again, tom:

If you hated the emperor, you must be ready to commit hari kari over Trump. At LEAST Obama put sanctions ON the Russians.. Der Pumpkinfuhrer is gonna take 'em off.

excon

PS> By the way, the above conflict you spoke of, has been resolved.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2016, 08:31 AM
    Amazing how Trump transition repubs are all excited for more information now that the election is over and expected everyone else to hop to it. Where was the outrage when majority leader McConnell squashed the disclosure of his own briefings on the hacking last October?

You of course knew that Trump was briefed also, and that Nunes is part of his transition team, didn't you Tom? For the record half the elected repub are part of the transition team.

http://digg.com/2016/trump-transitio...pence-christie
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 08:33 AM
    But the cover-up continues .

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsro...ntial-election

Not sure about your contention about Trump's position on Russia. Why would he select James Mattis as Sec Defense if he was really planning on going soft on Russia ? Mattis has been very hardline in his statements about Putin ,the Ukraine ,and the Iran deal .
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 08:40 AM
    Tal what you have to really ask yourself is why is the Adm covering up the alleged facts they have ? I bet they open up after Monday when the electoral college votes in Trump as President and this charade is mute. Then IF they have any proof of Russian involvement I'm sure they willingly will reveal what they have in an attempt to shape policy under the Trump regime.

I'm convinced that it was disgruntled Bolshevik Bernie supporters who phished around and discovered the truth about the DNC's rigging the primary process in favor of Evita.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2016, 08:55 AM
    Don't set your hair on fire yet Tom, not over partisan spin, I'm sure Obama and the intel community is making sure Trump doesn't invite Vlad to the party, or some big mouth repub doesn't spill the beans on some "sensitive" information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Plame

Easy on making personal opinions FAKE news...there is already plenty of that but I will check it for you in the interest of FACT, not FICTION.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2016, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yes ,all the scum . You see this is just another cover-up and/or false flag by the Obots . Congress wants to investigate and again is being stone-walled .

Here is the most recent statement by House Intel Chair Devin Nunes :

“In the course of the House Intelligence Committee’s ongoing oversight of cyber-attacks during the U.S. presidential campaign, we have not received any information from Intelligence Community (IC) agencies indicating that they have developed new assessments on this issue. I am alarmed that supposedly new information continues to leak to the media but has not been provided to Congress despite my letter asking for more information on this topic, and despite the Committee’s request to schedule an urgent classified briefing that would set the record straight on the IC’s current assessment. As part of its ongoing oversight, the Committee has now planned visits to the FBI, NSA, CIA, and DIA in January so members can further investigate this issue in the 115th Congress.”

Here is his Dec 12 letter to DNI James Clapper :

The Honorable James Clapper Director of National Intelligence Washington, DC 2051 1
    HVC-304, THE CAPITOL WASHINGTON, DC 20515 (202) 225-4121
    DAMON NELSON
    STAFF DIF]ECTOFI
    MlcHAEL BAHAFI
    MINORITY STAFF DIRECTC)Fi
    Dear Director Clapper:
    Media articles published over the last several days have highlighted supposed analytic disagreements within the Intelligence Community (IC) over alleged Russian cyber activities relating to the recent U.S. Presidential election. Such articles have stated, among other claims, that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) have developed conflicting intelligence assessments and delivered to Congress cdivergent messages" regarding the Russian government's alleged cyber attacks connected to the election. The claims in these articles also appear to conflict with recent IC statements to the public and to this Committee characterizing alleged Russian activities.
    Over the past several months, the Committee has received multiple briefings and assessments from the IC on the alleged Russian activities and cyber threats. On November 17, 2016, you told the Committee during an open hearing that the IC lacked strong evidence connecting Russian government cyber-attacks and WikiLeaks disclosures, testifying that c6as far as the WikiLeaks connection, the evidence there is not as strong) and we don't have good insight into the sequencing of the releases or when the data may have been provided.% According to new press reports, this is no longer the CIA,s position.
    In light of the Committee's robust oversight efforts on these issues, I was dismayed that we did not learn earlier, from you directly) about the reported conflicting assessments and the CIA,s reported revision of information previously conveyed to this Committee. The Committee therefore has an urgent need to accurately understand the current IC assessment of alleged Russian cyber-activities relating to the election, and any disagreements among IC components.
    I therefore request that you, no later than December 16, 2016:
    . Brief the Committee, with participation by the CIA and FBI, on the current assessment of the IC on the alleged Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election;
    Brief the Committee on the status and plans for the Presidentially-directed review of Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election; and
    . Provide to the Committee a coordinated, written, IC assessment, with participation from the CIA, FBI, and the broader IC, on the alleged Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election.
    Furthermore, I am deeply concerned that these press reports may contain unauthorized disclosures of both classified IC information and the contents of closed intelligence committee proceedings. Additionally) if true, reports of conflicting IC assessments call into question the effectiveness of the IC's analytic coordination process regarding this crucial issue. Therefore, I also request that, no later than January 13, 2017:
    . Your Office Of Analytic Integrity and Standards completes-and provides to the Committee- an analytic and tradecraft review of any IC assessments related to alleged Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election; and
    . You provide the Committee with a written assessment of whether any classified information was disclosed in recent media articles related to Russian involvement in cyber activities related to the U.S. Presidential election.
    I am sending copies of this letter to CIA Director Brennan, FBI Director Coney, and Defense Intelligence Agency Director Stewart for their awareness. Thank you for your timely attention to these important matters.
    Sincerely,

Devin Nunes Chairman
    2 INCLASSIFIED
    Copies to: The Honorable John Brennan The Honorable James Coney Lt Gen Vincent Stewart..-``
    Hmmmm, this sure isn't well written. A fake letter?????

Which site was it lifted from?
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 11:21 AM
    I'll do even better . I'll give you the primary sources .

Nunes Statement on Cyber-Attack Investigations | U.S. House of Representatives

http://intelligence.house.gov/Upload...C_12_De....pdf
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2016, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Then why the misspellings in the one first posted here?
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 11:41 AM
    Tal . A Paki physician languishes in jail because he was the scapegoat the Obots chose to cover how they identified where OBL was located . People died while Evita and the administration concocted a cover story about Benghazi ;fingering an innocent video maker . So the accidental revealing of the worst kept secret in Washington DC ,that Plame worked for the CIA does not compare .

Hey look ;I want to know to what extent the Russians have penetrated our cyber-security . This is not partisan . I'm pretty sure they were involved in the hacking by the group that calls themselves “ShadowBrokers”. That is big league . The stuff that happened to Podesta's phone falls into the category of campaign 'dirty tricks' at best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Recent Tweet [ 75 Answers ]

Trump tweeted that "millions voted illegally". Then why is Trump against the recount?

Can just anyone attend a Trump Rally? [ 2 Answers ]

Can just anyone attend a Trump Rally?

A Vote for Obama or Putin? [ 28 Answers ]

Very much a Patriot said to me the other day: "If I could only vote for one person and my choice was between Obama and Putin, I would have to vote for Putin". When I asked why, they replied "at least Putin is not trying to ruin his country". I have to agree somewhat, Putin is trying to rebuild...

"Going-for-the-jugular approach to politics": Putin and the Russians? [ 7 Answers ]

No; it's the Chosen One, "the ones we've been waiting for": "Barack Obama is striking back fiercely and swiftly to stamp out an ad that links him to a 1960s radical, eager to demonstrate a far more aggressive response to attacks than John Kerry did when faced with the 2004 "Swift Boat" campaign." ...

Does friendship trump boyfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, well, I don't exactly have a boyfriend. But, you know how there are those guys who are more like boyfriend material than guy friend material? I was wondering if my guy friends trumped my "boyfriend possibilities"? I mean, my guy friend has been there for me for life, since I was about 6 we've...

View more questions Search