Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colleenjparker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 04:33 PM
    How much should I sell my PC for?
    I really want to sell my PC so I can buy a notebook, and I have no idea how much it's worth. :confused: My PC is a 4 year old HP Pavilion a200n, 2.4 GHz Intel Ceteron Processor, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard drive, with a CD-RW drive and Windows XP. I don't want to think it's worth more than it really is... how much should I sell it for?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Honestly new updated and advanced computers are coming out monthly. Something like that you would not be able to sell for that much. I would not think.

When I bought my computer with everything years ago it cost close to 4,000.

Now you can get everything for 1500. See the difference in price.

My Hp Pavilion so limited now, would be lucky if I could sell it for 350.

I will look into it more for you, but I do not honestly think it would be a good return for you?? I could be wrong but I know the computer experts here will pipe in.

Selling Your Beloved Old Computer by dummies.com: Yahoo! Tech

Joe
    mobius_thought Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Doesn't look like it'd be worth it. If I was selling that machine, I'd be asking $200, ready to take $150, or even a little less.

I think you'd be better off finding another use for it.

There's a million things you can do with an extra computer. In addition to it being another terminal, for guests, or roommates, here's a couple of ideas:

-Put a 2nd network card in, and set it up as a physical firewall (more effective than a software firewall, like the one that comes with XP SP2).

- Set up file sharing and remote desktop on it, and use it for a server. Not only to share files to others, you can log in through your new laptop, and do all your downloads through that computer. Then you can reset, leave wireless range, etc.. And your downloads will keep going.
    shailesh2279 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 06:43 PM
    I want PC can u sell it for 2500 rs send me mail at [email protected]
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 20, 2008, 07:05 PM
    I'm not sure what your tax situation is. For me, selling a computer nets me about $100. If I donate it to a charity organization, I get to write off the full market value, close to what I paid for it originally. If I write off a $1000 computer, that saves me $250 real dollars on my taxes. Better for me... better for the charity.

My two cents.
    tyler1234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 11:29 PM

How much should I sell my PC for its a2.80 ghz cpu 1 gig of ram 30 gig hard driveand a dimond sound card

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When should I sell? [ 3 Answers ]

I was notified I was inheriting property in the Seattle area, a total of 5 lots. The value estimates so far are between 800k and 1.5 million. There are no mortages owned on any of these and these properties are only a portion of all properties that were distributed among many heirs. I don't live...

Need To Sell My House [ 3 Answers ]

My house is on the market and we need to sell before we lose it to foreclosure, how long do I have to try to sell it before we lose it? It is not official yet, but possible this month if we do not catch up on past payments. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Sell Online [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir Hi , I'm living in Iran and wants to use "Sell Online" on my web sites to sell my products online and receive its money (earned via eshopping) by cheque , Some gateway american companies have no services for Iran , Can you tell me some company that support Iran ? Best and kindest...

View more questions Search