Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funkadelic22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2016, 05:50 PM
    Ceiling bowing and nail heads exposed on ceiling & walls
    I have a 61 year old rambler. It's developing cracks in the walls. But the biggest concern is the bowing in the ceiling, exposed nail heads. I'm not sure what to do next? Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2016, 06:18 PM
    You need to have a structural person look at the problem. I would guess some type of foundation issue. Do you have a large load in the attic?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 5, 2016, 06:27 PM
    Can you access your attic
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 5, 2016, 07:09 PM
    Cracks in the wall and bowing in the ceiling sounds like foundation problems. Sadly that's not something most people can deal with by themselves. Time to call the professionals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with hampton bay ceiling fan & light [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 Hampton Bay ceiling fans on my outdoor patio. They were installed by a licensed electrician. The box on the side of the house when opened shows them labeled A & B also the remotes are labeled A & B B is working just fine. I changed the batters in the A remote due to fact the light...

Allen & Roth Ceiling Fan Replacement Motor [ 4 Answers ]

In July 2011, I purchased several Allen & Roth 52" stylist roman bronze 5SY52RBD-L ceiling fans from Lowe's, but that model is unfortunately no longer available. The electric fan motor has stopped working (is it the capacitor instead? If so, how do I determine this?), but I cannot find a...

My house has cracks in walls and ceiling; one ceiling crack is 1/4" wide. [ 4 Answers ]

The house is on cement slab, about ten years old.

Ceiling fan & lights sometimes go on & off by self [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with four lights. It is about 9 yrs. Old and operates either by chain or remote control. It is connected also to a light switch. Because of its location we only use the remote. It is located on a cathederal ceiling in our great room. The problem is about 6 months...

Bowing drywall in ceiling [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3/4 inch bow in some of my ceiling drywall. I can barely reach the rafter with drywall nails and I didn't use screws because the wood is so hard. I was wondering if I could jack up the ceiling with a deadman and then nail it, plaster it and let it dry before moving on to another section....

View more questions Search