Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wolfspirit Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 03:11 PM
    In Search of Birth Mother and sibling(s)
    I was born in Our Lady of Victory Hospital in 1986 in Lackawanna NY. My birth mother was 16 years old when she had me. I was 18 months old when I was adopted by a family in Williamsville NY and still live with them. My parents told me that my birth mother had another child and they would probably be about 19 years old now. I'm 21 and I've been having some health problems and the doctors keep asking about family history and I can only give them one thing that I know of and it's that breast cancer runs in my birth mothers family. I've tried to find out about my birth records but they ask for the birth mothers name and I don't know what it is. I always come across a dead end so I thought I'd ask here. I hope some one might know something or have some helpful advice. Thank you:)

Wolfspirit
    Wolfspirit Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Here's my birth name
    I forgot to mention in my previous question my birthmother gave me the name Hope. Sorry about that.:( I want to thank her for what she did by giving me a chance at a better
    Life. Again thank you for your time:)

Wolfspirit
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 15, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Peace
    rosepedal Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

May 19, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Don't give up my mom found her birth parents and 6 siblings when she was 36. She was adopted at age6
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 11:53 AM
    You can go to the adoption agency and request this information. Chances are they are not going to just hand this over. They might contact your birth mother and tell her you are searching for her and ask for her permission to release information. They may also ask for some money to do this search for you.

Since you know the hospital, have you tried accessing the birth records there? There are various sites that offer asssitance in searching, but I do not know if they are verifiable. Seems they all want money and who knows if what they produce is the real information you are looking for.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 11:59 AM
    This is the website for Erie County, NY, Record Retrieval and Filing. I do not know if they can release your birth certificate but you can ask.

Erie County Works - Erie County Clerk - Record Retrieval and Filing
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

May 20, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Check with the agency that handled your adoption, as they may have a reunion support department as a previous poster mentioned. Also register with reunion sites, the largest is ISRR

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Birth Mother [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to help my adopted brother, find his birth mother. We know where he was born we have her first, middle, and last name (Maiden Name). At this time if she is still living she should be 75 years old. Our adopted parents are both dead now and he would like to know if he has other sibblings....

Sibling abuse [ 7 Answers ]

I need to help my brothers and sisters but I don't know what steps to take. My siblings are being raised in an abusive home where they are denied their most basic needs (love, food, education etc.) the problem is there are six of them and I do not want them separated, I am ready and willing to...

Sibling excluded [ 1 Answers ]

My uncle asked me to be the exector of his estate. As per his wishes, his sister will not get anything from his estate. Does she have any legal way of trying to get any of the estate?

Splitting sibling [ 5 Answers ]

can the court split 2 kids up when both of them are in state custody cause of the mother but the kids have different father only one child knows her father but the other child doesn't have a father at all cause the mother want tell the state who he is... 5 yr old girl... 1 yr old boy.

View more questions Search