Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2016, 12:11 PM
    Electronic Throttle Control?
    2013 Chrysler 200, 2.4L.. Son had problems on his way to work this Morning.. Starting with the Traction Control Indicator Flashing then immediately after the Electronic Throttle Control Flashed and Stayed On.. He pulled over RPM's climbed a couple times , he shutdown & restarted the engine.. With the 4 Ways on Interior Lights go Dim? The ETC Dash Indicator flashed a couple more times , said the throttle shuddered a couple times as well..

Thoughts / Ideas Appreciated , No idea if it could be a Loose Connection, Sensor / Module, or just a Simple Fix?? It's the Possible Expense that's Killing Us...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2016, 12:27 PM
    Needs a scan tool hooked to the ODB2 port and error codes read. When we have those codes an educated guess can be made.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2016, 12:45 PM
    Did he run through a large puddle or hit slush?

Nov 30, 2016, 12:50 PM
    @ ma 0641... Don't Know, Temps have been hovering around the 0' Mark and kind of Slushy. Will Ask...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2016, 02:06 PM
    The reason I ask is that last year, here in Atlanta, we had a snow/ice storm. I was driving our CRV through a big puddle, All the lights came on, car shook, check engine light, ABS, etc. Pulled off, idled down, let it sit for a while and when restarted, all lights gone, never happened again, car runs fine??

Nov 30, 2016, 02:10 PM
    @ ma 0641... Hoping that it was Just a Puddle... lol... Not keen on Surprises if it's something else..
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2016, 08:11 PM
    . Check for codes.

. Remove and fully charge the battery.

. Have the alternator checked. Regulated battery voltage across the battery terminals should be 14 to 15 volts at idle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Throttle Control [ 9 Answers ]

Why are all new lawn mowers factory set to 3200 rpm (no throttle control)?

Old Ariens Snow Blower, NO Throttle control [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1973 Ariens 7 hp, 22" two stage in fairly good shape. Last year it had a new carburator and it has been running great and then just stopped running great. There is no throttle control, it is running at a low RPM speed and will not responf to the speed control, except to shut down. The...

GE electronic control flashing F1 ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE model # JGBP32GEL flashing F1 every few seconds. The only way to stop it is to unplug it for a while. When I plug it back in it will start up again in a few hours. My question is what is the message indicating and what part needs to be replaced? p.s. the stove is about 18 years old ...

18.5 sears craftsman tractor throttle control arm [ 1 Answers ]

The tractor engine races when the choke infully pushed in . It seems that the control arm to the carborator is missing a spring to hold the throttle in the correct position. I can manually push it up where it belongs and the engine runs normally. I can't find any exploded diagrams on the sears web...

Mower doesn't start ---- Throttle lost control [ 12 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, This is my first time to be here joining "askmehelpdesk". My Craftsman lawn mower does not start at all (no any sound when pulling the starting rope). I found the throttle can not be adjusted though the control lever can be set to either "Low" or "High". It seems to me that one...

View more questions Search