Ask
    koolguru Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2016, 04:34 AM
    How to create new domain
    Domain creation ,how we can do that ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2016, 05:38 AM
    YOU can't. You have to go to a Domain Registrar like GoDaddy or NetSol and register the domain. There is a fee for this.
    kgingeri Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2016, 07:30 PM
    @koolguru: Domains are 'registered' through certain authorized organizations or providers. You do pay a yearly subscription and prices vary. A Provider like GoDaddy usually also provides 'hosting space' for web site info, but a Registar is someone who only registers a domain. If you plan to have a web site, go with someone who will also give you web space. It's easier.

First you need to check the domain name you want to use to see if it is already taken. If it is, you can't use it. This can be done on a site like https://who.is

Second, if it is available, then you need to register it. I'd personally recommend 1and1, but there are lots of providers!

Third, once you have a domain name, there are web servers around the world (called DNS servers Domain-Name-Servers) need to know where it should point. On the control panel of where you've registered the domain, there will be DNS setting or Zone file settings that need to be setup. DNS servers take a domain name and 'resolve' it to an IP address (like a license plate number) that is fixed to you web space or where you want the domain pointed.

Fourth, if you want email for this domain, then MX (Mail transfer) records need to point to whoever is handling mail for you (Google, 1and1, Godaddy ...). There mail servers all have specific names and those settings need to also be set up via your providers control panel.

This is all quite complicated as you can see, so you are likely better off getting a professional to help. :v)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Replication between main domain & child domain [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have 2k8 R2 domain now I am to add one new child domain... my question is weather user&groups replication will be there?

When create a folder automatic create a same name .exe folder [ 3 Answers ]

When create a folder automatic a .exe folder create inside the parent folder with the same name please solve it and other was which antivirous software are best for Pc

Domain Name taken [ 2 Answers ]

I work for a company, lets call it xyz inc. Currently the domain name xyz.com (just an example), is taken by another company. The thing is, that company has no relation to my line of business. They just use the site to create those auto link sites, like cool.com. My question is, since my company...

View more questions Search