Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Florinda0201 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2016, 01:45 AM
    Help me
    Hi I just wanted to get some answers. I had a miscarriage a few months ago. I started taking my birth control sometime after . I'm really bad at taking pills especially them being that you have to take them the same time everyday . I had my period October 26th. I remember that I had missed some days I think before & after. But I'd take two the next day. On October 30th I had started a new pack & took it that day . I lost my pack somehow & didn't take it on Monday October 31st. The next day , Tuesday I had early morning sex with my boyfriend & he finished inside of me twice . I was planned to go on a vacation Thursday that week. I got a new pack that day but I forgot to pack it with me. I left on November 3rd on November 7th or 8th I noticed that I was starting to cramp . I thought maybe it's because I wasn't taking my pills. A week and a half later I'm still getting cramps . I have noticed that I can breathe at times I don't know if it's because I'm in a different environment or what. November 15th & 16th my nipples were hurting so bad like never before. But again I still think it's because of the pills or maybe I have different signs of me starting my period because of my miscarriage . I've never experienced them hurting like that before . Also with them hurting they stayed erected which has never happened . I do get headaches but it can be because of me sleeping too much or because I go to bed late. Is it possible that I could have became pregnant ? If so , when is it a good time to test ? If not, why do you think all this is happening ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 18, 2016, 04:53 PM
    Pregnancy is possible any time you have sex. If you forget pills a lot, like you have, then the chance of pregnancy increases by a lot. The pill isn't 100%, but it's a good form of birth control. Sadly it only works if you actually take it.

Missing all these pills will likely throw off your next period. It's also likely the reason for many of your symptoms.

When would your next period be due if you hadn't missed all the pills? Wait at least a week after that due date if you don't get it, and then test using first morning urine. If that test is negative wait another week and test again. If that test is also negative then wait for your next period and if you miss it, test again.

In the meantime make sure you use a condom when you're having sex because the pill takes a month of regular daily use to become effective. At this point, even if you start taking them again, they won't protect you from pregnancy, so you need to use a backup method. Also talk to your doctor about putting you on the shot since you're having a lot of trouble remembering to take your pill. The shot lasts for 3 months, no need to take a pill every day. I think that would be a much better option for you.

Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search