Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyamy29 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2016, 01:46 PM
    How much is my white sapphire ring worth
    Name:  ring.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  41.9 KB[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]I will soon be getting a real clear sapphire ring with three big clear sapphires in the center and 5 small clear sapphire on each side. I would like to know how much it would be worth if I get it appraised at a jewelry store. I have read that white sapphire are worth about 20 k - 25 k per carat. But I need to know how much my ring is worth because I don't know how much it would be worth because of the way it design. If any one knows information about this or has got their clear sapphire appraised and know how much my ring is worth tell me please.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 14, 2016, 04:32 PM
    Good pic. Sorry. If you are getting it appraised why ask here? No one could identify the cut and clarity just by looking at a picture. Also, not every stone is cut the same. Even if I had one, and appraised as well, it would not be accurate.

you have been misinformed about the value. It is actually a poor replacement for diamonds. Only because they look similar. Cubic zirconia are actually worth more then white sapphires.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2016, 05:41 PM
    Nobody can reasonably give you a price based on this description. The stones have to be inspected carefully for size and quality as well as the setting and condition. But the figures you mention sound astronomically high. Also, be aware that jewelry is not a very good investment because what you can sell it for is likely about half of appraised value. People would rather buy from a reputable jeweler than from some stranger, would rather buy a new piece, and can often buy at a considerable discount off retail price or appraised value. Appraised value is really for insurance purposes so that if you had a claim, you could go into a jeweler and buy something similar or have a replicate piece made.

Nobody can reasonably give you a price based on this description. The stones have to be inspected carefully for size and quality as well as the setting and condition. But the figures you mention sound astronomically high. Also, be aware that jewelry is not a very good investment because what you can sell it for is likely about half of appraised value. People would rather buy from a reputable jeweler than from some stranger, would rather buy a new piece, and can often buy at a considerable discount off retail price or appraised value. Appraised value is really for insurance purposes so that if you had a claim, you could go into a jeweler and buy something similar or have a replicate piece made.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 15, 2016, 06:15 AM
    How do you know that isn't glass? Good grief, 20-25K per carat, my big toe.
    This is the 4th or 5th item you have posted. The others were worthless. I'll bet this is too.

White Sapphire Vs Diamond - Which one is Better?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 15, 2016, 03:56 PM
    Jewelry appraisal require the actual jewelry, in hand, to appraise. A picture is not going to help.

In other words, you can find guesses online, but without an actual inspection of the jewelry, you won't get an accurate guess as to how much it's worth.

Simply looking at the picture, the stones are cloudy (which is common with clear sapphires), the setting is poor, it looks like rose gold in the picture, and rose gold is not easy to sell, it's not a desirable gold, people usually prefer white gold or yellow gold.

If it's actually a white sapphire it may be worth something just for the gems, but white sapphires are nowhere near as valuable as diamonds, and nowhere near the quality of diamonds. White sapphires scratch easily, and need professional cleaning to bring out any type of sparkle, and even then they never sparkle like a diamond does. Nowhere near worth 25k per carat. They're a valuable gem, but diamonds are more valuable, and I can get a clear cut one carat diamond for around 2 thousand dollars set in white gold. So no, you won't get what you're seeking to get, and that's just considering the gems. As an entire ring, if the gems are really clear sapphire, if the gold isn't rose gold which it looks like in the picture, I would pay (actually I wouldn't because I don't like clear sapphires, and if it's not rose gold then it's yellow gold, and I also don't like yellow gold, and the setting isn't well done imo), based on this picture and this is just a guess based on a poor quality picture, and I'm not an appraiser, but I'd pay less than 2 thousand.

Now, if it's an antique then the price would go up, but if it's just a worn out ring then it's really not worth that much in my opinion.

Have it appraised, that's really your best bet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

9ct gold free masons ring,is it worth much money? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 9ct gold gentlemans ring,large and heavy in weight,with what I can descibe best as a double ruler and patractor engraved on the flat square front of the ring,I presume it is a free masons ring? I was wondering if it was worth anything?

Platinum College Ring Worth [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Ptatinum College Ring from Josens that is encript with army logo, us flag and college logo what would be the worth of the ring today?

What's this song called it has chorous lyrics Sapphire Sapphire? [ 3 Answers ]

What's this song called it stars a lady in the video playing a piano and has chorous lyrics sapphire sapphire?

Elements in emerald, rubies, sapphire yellow, blue sapphire, carals, and jades [ 3 Answers ]

Please, what are in these elements: Emerald: Ruby: Sapphire yellow: Blue sapphire:

View more questions Search