Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jas7750 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2016, 04:39 PM
    New
    Hello I have had spotting last month but a negative pregnancy test this month my period is a week early and it is lighter than normal. Normally it is really heavy can anyone answer this please. What is the problem.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2016, 06:41 PM
    I'm guessing you are really young if this is the first early or unusual period you've had.

If you aren't late for your period you can assume you aren't pregnant... even if you missed one, you may not be because that happens to EVERY woman from time to time. Even Celibate ones. When you are 2 weeks late then take a test first time you pee right after you wake up in the morning after a nights sleep. Otherwise you have to wait until the next day to try again.

There isn't a woman that's ever lived who goes from puberty to menopause with an absolutely reliable as clockwork period that is never heavier or lighter than average from time to time.

If its seriously out of whack and very unreliable, then its time for a Gynecologist visit to find out why, but what you describe sounds completely normal.
    Jas7750 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2016, 07:29 PM
    Well my periods are always normal. It has recently gotten out of whack. I've spoken with my gynecologist and she said everything is fine. I'm just not understanding what's going on. I am light bleeding never had this happen before no cramps or anything a week and a day before my period is scheduled to come
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2016, 10:25 PM
    EVERY woman will have abnormal periods from time to time its not if, but when. It just happens for any number of reasons... nothing predicts it, nothing can stop it. As long as everything else is normal... its just part of life.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 12, 2016, 01:55 PM
    It sounds like you're having an off month, but there are things that could be causing this and it could possibly be pregnancy.

You said you saw your gynecologist. Did she/he run any tests, blood work, ultrasound, urine test, anything?

When was the last time you took a pregnancy test?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search