Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2016, 09:11 AM
    Is Trump gonna HIRE lackeys, or Patriots??
    Hello:

It's clear that Trump CAN'T do certain things he said he WOULD do, like worse than waterboarding, and killing the family's of terrorists.

My question is, will he HIRE people who will TELL him that, or will he HIRE people who will DO his bidding??

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2016, 09:42 AM
    So far his inner circle are insiders like Rudy(Justice Dept ? Homeland Security ? ) ;Newt ,or Christie (one will probably be Chief of Staff ), a couple of former Generals Stephen Hadley and Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn could play a role.
    Some people outside the government who worked for his campaign would be interesting additions . Larry Kudlow and Steve Moore were financial advisors . They are free-market economists .They could temper his worse instincts about trade and immigration . He could also bring in as a foreign policy advisor Seb Gorka ,author of 'Toward a Grand Strategy Against Terrorism' and 'Defeating Jihad : A Winnable War' He advised Trump during the campaign. Retired Congressman Jeff Miller may be tapped for VA . He was a leading VA reformer in Congress . Steve Mnuchin, a former Goldman Sachs executive was his chief fundraiser . He could go to Treasury possibly although Trump ran against the revolving door. Jared Kushner, Trump's son in law was a key advisor and may roam the halls of the West Wing . Jeff Sessions will play a role in Defense . Bob Corker could be Sec State . Gov. Jan Brewer, Gov. Mary Fallin and Wyoming Rep. Cynthia Lummis ,Sarah Palin may be in line for posts . Paypal cofounder Peter Thiel is going to be some kind of technology advisor .
    That's a good start . Most of these people are not what you would call lackeys .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2016, 02:33 PM
    Whatever happens he needs people who know how the system works otherwise he won't get anything done. He can rule by fiat or much more sensibly by working with Congress and the Senate. We can all hope he won't act like a clown
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2016, 06:52 PM
    He will like all presidents have both.
    But of course he can kill the family of terrorists, they have done that for years, that is nothing new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking companies that hire ex felons intent to hire letters for cdl training [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in the process of obtaining a grant for CDL training. I need to find two Trucking companies that will give an ex felon intent to hire letters, so I can get the grant to start my training. I have one intent to hire now, but need two more.

Patriots Vs. Chargers [ 4 Answers ]

What are your guys thoughs on sundays game, Pats and Chargers, who do you think will come out on top?

21 and 91 on the patriots helmets [ 2 Answers ]

What do the numbers 21 and 91 mean on the Patriots helmets?

Assessing the Packers and Patriots [ 2 Answers ]

Both teams, Packers and Patriots, looked very good, and have excellent quarterbacks. I was wondering about the competition: the Jaguars and Seahawks. The Jaguars had a lot more fight than I anticipated and the quarterback was superb for the most part. The Seahawks looked undermanned; and the...

New England Patriots [ 1 Answers ]

Ok it doesn't seem that many people get on this board, but I wanted to throw a question out there and see if I can get some opinions. Do you all feel that the Patriots received fair and just punishment for their actions? Do you think they did anything wrong in the first place? I...

View more questions Search