Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Knotaplumber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2005, 11:13 AM
    Silly little problem
    Hi gang,

Took it upon myself to cut out and redo the plumbing under my kitchen sink, replace the sink and faucets and add a garbage disposal. Miraculously, everything worked out, except for one little annoying thing - when you turn off the water coming through the faucet, it takes a second for the water to stop flowing. Maybe even a second or two, and it kind of whimpers out, not like a sudden full stop. The faucet is one of these arching ones that is maybe a foot high before it curves back down a couple of inches. The flow/hot-cold control thingy is a separate piece not incorporated into the faucet piece and takes up its own hole in the sink. There is also a sprayer, if it's relevant. I assume this happens just because there is that much water left "downstream" from where the valve shuts (couldn't be anything I've done wrong! ), but it just doesn't seem right. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 11, 2005, 11:38 AM
    Silly little problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotaplumber
    Hi gang,

Took it upon myself to cut out and redo the plumbing under my kitchen sink, replace the sink and faucets and add a garbage disposal. Miraculously, everything worked out, except for one little annoying thing - when you turn off the water coming through the faucet, it takes a second for the water to stop flowing. Maybe even a second or two, and it kind of whimpers out, not like a sudden full stop. The faucet is one of these arching ones that is maybe a foot high before it curves back down a couple of inches. The flow/hot-cold control thingy is a separate piece not incorporated into the faucet piece and takes up its own hole in the sink. There is also a sprayer, if it's relevant. I assume this happens just because there is that much water left "downstream" from where the valve shuts (couldn't be anything I've done wrong!!), but it just doesn't seem right. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch.
    There will be some flow left in the spout after you close the valve and it will continue to trickle,( whimper ) after the valve's shut off. Not to worry. If you put all that in without any leaks then give yourself a pat on the back and pop a cold one. You earned it! Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

Silly question, but still please answer eh ;) [ 26 Answers ]

OK, you may all think I'm being overly worried about this situation, but that's just me eh ;) Anyhow, here's the backstory... I'm a senior in university and for the longest time, obviously until recently, was in a longterm relationship (nearly 4 years), we began dating summer after HS, both at...

View more questions Search