Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimslax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2016, 07:16 PM
    How do I remove an ice maker from a bottom freezer refrigerator
    I have a kenmore bottom freezer refrigerator that is not working. How do I remove it to determine what needs repair?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2016, 08:48 AM
    I have had a great deal of experience with these lately. First, check your water valve. Remove it, check the coil with a meter (if good, proceed, if not, replace), and soak it in pool acid (after removing coil, if possible, but it won't hurt it.) and squirt the acid backwards through the valve on valves that cannot be taken apart. All kinds of junk will come out; however, if you have the type that can be disassembled, take it apart first and remove the needle and spring and keep away from the acid. Clean out all of the little orifices on the diaphragm and remember how it goes back in (mark it or draw a diagram before starting). If the ice maker still does not work you are better off replacing it because on many you can replace any bad components, but as soon as you fix one thing another will fail, except for water valve. Most ice makers have three screws-two on top and one below, and you unplug the wires (watch for little lock on plug that lifts to allow you to unplug it if wires are in a straight line, the round one just unplugs. You can find a cheap new one on Amazon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refrigerator--ice forming in bottom of freezer [ 11 Answers ]

Ice has been forming in the bottom of our side-by-side Maytag (MSB 2354 DRQ) which is about 7 years old. I noticed water on the floor under the fridge the other day. I broke the ice up and discarded it, and now ice has formed again. There was some ice on the back of the freezer cabin too,...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: freezer cold, fridge warm. Solution! [ 0 Answers ]

Surprised! Embarrassed! My wife had accidentally covered the return vent under the bottom left drawer. I didn't catch it until much later. Thanks to any who tried to help. Bruce Hi everyone, Freezer cold. Removed freezer inside back panel. No excess frost on evaporator. Air duct...

Ice forming at the bottom of the freezer of Maytag Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

In my Maytag refrigeratot ice is forming at the bottom of the freezer

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

View more questions Search