Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j5369276bub Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Is accutane safe
    I have fordcye. They say you can take accutane or some kind of gel. The thing is that when I read about it they make it sound harmful. Is it harmful? How old do you have to be to take it? What are the side affects? Is it safe and where can you get it.:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 15, 2007, 10:24 AM
    My son took accutane for a mild acne about back when a teen and he suffered no side effects and it worked well for him. It had to prescribed by his dermatologist.
    laughsalot Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2007, 12:53 AM
    But be careful. There's a bunch of side affects... if you want to take the risk.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
    It can cause birth defects
    So don't take if your pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant [ 2 forms of birth control]

May cause hepatitis - liver damage

"may cause depression, psychosis and, rarely, suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, suicide, and aggressive and/or violent behaviors"

Otherwise for acne it is very effective though it may take months
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 10, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Tickle

I was answering the questioner, not you. After more than 500 posts, I would think that you would have figured this out.

The POTENTIAL side effects of medicines can be found in the Physicians Dek Reference. Look up accutane. Also note the word MAY is not the same as "this will cause."

I am glad that your son did not have any side effects,but for future reference, please do not denigrate the intelligence of another answerer who has the correct facts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Proactiv or Accutane The Answer [ 5 Answers ]

Someone give the 411 on these to products. I love for my black skin to be clear even though I look okay with it I would look eve better without. Someone please let me know which product is better for an african american with acne. Please someone let me know what REALLY WORKS!:eek:

Safe mode [ 1 Answers ]

I think my computer is in safe mode. Do I need to keep it there? I have plenty of virus, auto updates, etc. programmed to run and keep it safe. If I need to change the setting of safe mode, please tell me how.

Godiva Safe? [ 6 Answers ]

I wanted to know if Godiva products are safe, and has anyone used them. I have used it in the past and it lighten my skin. I have a little shadow not real dark at all and it lighten it real good. I bought some more godiva products just for that purpose and just wanted to make sure it was safe...

Is It Safe? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lighten my skin not just to get lighter I have an excuse. One summer when I was in middle school I had to go to summer school and we were outside for a long period under the sun. That is when my life changed my face got pitch black dark I mean real dark but the rest of my body stayed it's...

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

View more questions Search