Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yuvrajfi6 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2016, 12:33 PM
    About Relativity's Time Dilation
    Does Only Gravitational time Dilation and Motional Time Dilation only exists, why not the Time Dilation occurs due to All other energies? I have my formula that derives any other energy time dilation factor and I have derived the Gravitational and motional time Dilation factor by this formula and the results exactly matched. Have physicists ever did an experiment that to show whether pure Thermodynamical hot energetic body shows time dilation with respect to the lower energetic one (because my formula shows that too). and to see that after a time whether they got their clocks out of synchronisation or they remain the same?. please if anyone can tell me..
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 10, 2016, 01:02 PM
    I am not aware of any attempt to measure time dilation dues to effects other than those of Special Relativity (i.e. time dilation measured by observers in inertial frames traveling at a velocity relative to each other) and General Relativity (which covers acceleration and gravitational effects on time dilation, among other things). SR derives from the notion that the speed of light is constant for all observers, and that all laws of physics apply equally to all observers moving in an inertial frame (i.e. non-accelerating, and far from any gravitational effects). GR derives from the principle of equivalence, meaning that it's impossible to differentiate the effects of an accelerating frame from one that's in an equivalent gravitational field. What is the basis for your idea that heat energy could result in time dilation? Does it also result in length contraction?
    Yuvrajfi6 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2016, 03:55 PM
    I have done it mathematically, I've been working on Idea, I have A Idea too but not kind of complete yet( including specific heat capacity). But I have thought another thing that contradicts that for Thermodynamical body time must move faster( including coefficient of expansions).. You remember that Light clock in thought experiment of Special relativity. the idea is related with that but I am confused what here is the role of light to play in this because it can be any.. suppose We have two light clocks in frame A and Frame B both being stationary relative to each other. Now consider that frame B is Highly Thermodynamically energetic with respect to frame A. Since light have to travel and strike that surface and move back from started, consider that surface of light clock of both frames to be identical now. Now since frame B is more energetic, the surface must have expanded(expansion is symmetrical and it must be equal upside down with respect of original width) ( this width is in vertical direction of the distance covered by light in light clock) and have larger width( according/depends on coefficient of dimensional expansions) with respect to frame A. Now Since this have expanded downside also (total delta L/2) so now light have to travel less distance in light clock of fram B than of Frame A and now since speed of light is constant in both frames, the time in frame B should tick faster than of frame B. Now You can relate all this to any other thing just lihht clock has been done with all other things like any other process , but here the confusion and complexity is created that its relative but much more like different surfaces have different coefficient of expansions. And the other confusion created in this is that it should not work only for light, the same thing can be considered by moving ball clock moving with c. Or it may be C due to constant invariable behaviour of light and nature has done so. The Other thing I am doing is Connecting that expansion, less distance, with it special relativity because for moving body light speed do not adds up and constant in all frames so then it might work even more better (cause other thing's speed will be affected due to motion but not light).. Rest you also think and relate if this can be done.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 12, 2016, 05:36 AM
    I don't follow this:

Quote Originally Posted by Yuvrajfi6
    Now since frame B is more energetic, the surface must have expanded(expansion is symmetrical and it must be equal upside down with respect of original width) ( this width is in vertical direction of the distance covered by light in light clock) and have larger width( according/depends on coefficient of dimensional expansions) with respect to frame A
    You mean that the mirror associated with source B has expanded because of thermal expansion? This is the same as simply moving the mirror a bit closer to the source. If the observer watching source B measured the distance from source to mirror with a ruler he would measure a shortened distance. Both the clock in Frame A and the clock in Frame B would measure the same shortened time interval for the B light clock to measure one round trip, and both would measure the original time interval for the pulse from source A to its mirror. This is not at all the same as time dilation or length contraction under SR.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dilation [ 0 Answers ]

When is the right center-meter to go in the hospital I am 1 1/12 cm and I'm 34 weeks pregnant

Does Theory Of Relativity prohibit time travel? [ 2 Answers ]

Does Theory Of Relativity prohibit time travel?

Time Dilation - Relativity [ 1 Answers ]

If we could slow the speed of astronauts below the speed of Earth-bound humans those astronauts will live faster and will produce science faster than those on Earth, so on their return we could learn from them. But, how to slow down your speed when you can only measure your relative speed?

Cervix dilation [ 2 Answers ]

I had a membrane sweep done and the midwife easily fitted 2 fingers into the cervix I just wanted to know how many cm dilated that means I am

View more questions Search