Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

Sep 19, 2016, 09:41 PM
    85 300ZX Turbo Power Steering and Radio
    Just got this ZX, and it's got a few issues that will need to be taken care of.

1) Power steering boot on the driver's side tore loose on the drive home. On occasion, the rack would make a high pitched noise. Thought it was the brakes until I got out and looked underneath the car. Then I saw the torn boot. Car will pull hard left when braking. Can I simply replace the boot if there's no significant leak, or do I have to replace the whole rack n pinion?

2) AM band works on the radio, but not FM. Usually the radio doesn't work at all or you just get static. Any way to get the FM band working again?

Cheers
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

Sep 24, 2016, 06:48 PM
    It's going to need a new rack n pinion. No doubt about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

84 300ZX Turbo High Idle [ 8 Answers ]

Vehicle is a 1984 300ZX Turbo 3.0L V6 manual. The engine idles too high. It idles at 1400 rpm and a MT turbo should idle at 750-800 rpm. Used FSM to perform diagnostic procedure and driveability test. Manually set the idle speed by adjusting the engine speed screw on the side of the A.A.C. Also...

85 300ZX Turbo: Strange Starting Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes my 85 300ZX Turbo will not start on a warm day. The vehicle starts fine all through winter and early spring up until Mid May when it begins to get warm. The car has power, but the fuel pump will make a buzzing and clicking noise. Nissan put in a new ignition coil, remanufactured...

1985 300ZX Turbo Keep or Sell? [ 1 Answers ]

I've had this car for 5 years now at about 85K. Runs very strong, I know what it needs and what it doesn't Need. I realize I won't get back what I put into the car, but I guess you could say I'm looking for something a little more mature. Don't have the money to buy a new car, and I don't want...

85 300ZX Turbo-Do I need an alternator? [ 2 Answers ]

Last week all my idiot lights came on while driving my 300ZX. They go out when I am at a full stop. I had the charging system checked at a Shuck's(Part's America) store. The instrument they used measured a 12.42 charge, but it stated that the "diode ripple" was not detected. I am still able...

View more questions Search