Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Q-trick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2005, 06:02 PM
    01 Ram rattle
    I recently purchased a 2001 Dodge ram with a 5.9 litre engine w/Automatic tranny, I have noticed a metallic rattle sound coming from the engine while I'm driving.This normally occurs in 3rd & 4th gears and is preceded by a slight resistance accompanied with a hiss sound. I had a 318 in my grand cherokee that did the same thing and I was told it was the valley pan gasket.

Some advice would be GREATLY appreciated
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2005, 08:33 PM
    Sounds like to me the bearings in the tranny is shot, it wouldn't be a gasket more of metal to metal contact

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return air fan making rattle noises [ 3 Answers ]

I am hoping someone can help me before my a/c goes out. It is working & cooling just fine right now, with the exception of the rattle & noise the fan is making when it is on. The noise starts about 15-25 seconds after the fan turns on. It was so loud last night that it woke me up. It starts...

Whirlpool Senseon - loud rattle [ 5 Answers ]

The problem did not exist on previous use four days ago. Today the dryer runs normally; electronic control panel working, drum tumbles clothing, heat works and dries clothes but there is a loud metallic rattle type noise while the dryer is in operation. The rattle is consistent with the overall...

View more questions Search