Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TeaBags Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2016, 08:56 AM
    1light 2 Ceiling Fans
    I have a room that has a ceiling mounted light in it. I'll eliminate the mounted light, then I want to split that power to go to 2 separate electrical boxes that would power 2 36 in ceiling fans with lights? 12 gauge wire would be the right size wire needed.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2016, 02:42 PM
    Why 12? Typically that would be 14 AWG. How many Amps on the fan and light?
    What is the amperage on the breaker controlling the existing light? If it is a 15, you gain nothing as the voltage drop would be minimal. If it is a 20 then you need 12AWG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have two ceiling fan outlets in my lr ceiling. How to hook up fans [ 1 Answers ]

The electrician put in two ceiling fan outlets. The first one says hot on the group of wires taped together and in that box is a second set of wires. He marked the one set with an arrow that says goes to other outlet. The other set of wires is in the 2nd fan box. I have put up ceiling fans...

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote turns off other ceiling fans lights [ 1 Answers ]

My Hamptom Bay ceiling fans (3 of them, to the same model) remotes turn the lights to the other fans on/off. Is this a remote programming issue? If so, can it be fixed?

How to wire ceiling fans with two switches,one for fans and one for lig [ 2 Answers ]

How do wire two ceiling fans with two swihtstches. One switch for lights and one for fans?

Ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

OK so they are not rocket science. Now I have to install one on about a 25 degree ceiling in a cabin in the mountians. Only place is on a 6x8 beam. The wiring will have to run in conduit exposed up the beam and make it over to a vertical wall for the electrical. Can't drill into the beam and...

View more questions Search