Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danulagod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2016, 01:56 PM
    Re-expressing the Hamiltonian of a system using another basis
    I have been given the Hamiltonian of system (particle in a ring),
    H=∑0N[−V1(|gn⟩⟨gn+1|+|gn+1⟩⟨gn|)−V2(|gn⟩⟨gn+2|+|gn+2⟩⟨gn |)]It's expressed in the basis
    ⟨m|gn⟩=δmn

How can I re-express this in the basis, |hm⟩:hm(n)=e2πinm/N where, n=1,2,3... N-1 and show that it is diagonal?

Check out some similar questions!

show that ℮−βx² is an eigenfunction of the hamiltonian operator of the harmonic oscil [ 0 Answers ]

show that ℮−βx² is an eigenfunction of the Hamiltonian operator of the harmonic oscillator

Perpetual inventory system on a FIFO Basis [ 2 Answers ]

I am having so much trouble figuring out these types of questions, any help would be greatly apreciated. Use this inventory information for the month of September to answer the following question. Sept 1 Beginning inventory 10 units @$120 5 Purchase 60...

Windows Xp Expressing Very Slow System [ 13 Answers ]

Hello All. Sorry if I seem a little stupid. Recently My Windows and generally anyhting running on it has slowed down conciderable. I have tried the idea of deleteing various programmes that are not necessary and running anti virus and anti spyware. I have also defreged Both drives and run a...

Periodic inventory system on a LIFO basis [ 1 Answers ]

14. Use this inventory information for the month of June to answer the following question. June 1 Beginning inventory 10 units @ $120 5 Purchase 60 units @ $112 14 Sale 40 units 21 Purchase 30 units @ $116 ...

Perpetual inventory system on a LIFO basis [ 1 Answers ]

Assuming that a perpetual inventory system is used, what is ending inventory on a LIFO basis? June 1 Beginning inventory 20 units @$76 5 Purchase 70 units @$80 14 Sale 25 units 21 Purchase ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.