Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scbj1909 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2016, 12:49 PM
    Hampton Bay fan light replacement
    Our new house has a Hampton Bay ceiling fan than has a very dim LED light on it. AS best as I can tell it is an Edgemont model YG 177. I have searched the internet to see if I can find a way to replace the light with a brighter one. The fan seems to be a nice one that works well so I do not want to buy a new fan. I would like a replacement part, a light kit or instructions how to remove the light and install a brighter one. Help/ suggestions would be appreciated.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2016, 02:45 PM
    From what I read on product reviews,most people comp!ain about the LED lighting. Some people reference replacing with Halogen bulbs as that is what newer ones apparently have. Can you get the globe off? Look like it twists left and drops down.
    jumbotron93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2017, 12:32 PM
    You might have luck looking at https://www.elitefixtures.com/ or their parent company Crescent Electric Supply Company. They offer a variety of indoor lighting setups, and I think they do ceiling fan installations as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Fan Replacement Part [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a replacement capacitor labeled SK 4.5uF 270WV.AC SK Taiwan. Thanks

Replacement Light Bulbs - Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan [ 31 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan (Traditional Collection, Alton, 52"), which I need a replacement light bulb for. Home Depot or Lowe's in my area do not carry them. The bulb says RHINE FSP13EL 13W 2700K. Thank you for any help in the right direction.

Hampton bay ceiling fan light cover replacement for model number 44-wt [ 1 Answers ]

The Hampton Bay Ceiling fan light cover has cracked and I need a replacement. Looked at the Hampton Bay Website and they do not make them. The Model No is 44-wt UPC for the fan is 082393467500. The Fan w/ Light Kit:0.92A 110W

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Light globe replacement [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 52" Hampton Bay Ceiling fan with a light kit. While cleaning the globe, it fell and broke. The globe had a hole at the bottom large enough to allow three pull chains through. I have not been able to find a replacement globe anywhere.:confused: Can any one help locate this globe?...

Hampton bay replacement light covers [ 4 Answers ]

I want to remove my light kit and cap it off. My Hampton Bay fan had the cap listed as being in the box, but was not included. Where can I buy two caps, so that I can remove the light globe.

View more questions Search