Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    connectedinhim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2016, 07:41 AM
    Electrical
    Is it possible to pull a 110vac from a 220vac receptacle already installed in my home? If the answer is yes, how would I do this?
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2016, 08:16 AM
    the answer is most likely, "no"...
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 13, 2016, 09:37 AM
    Not without rewiring from the panelboard, reducing the amperage and removing the existing receptacle.

Oh, and by the way, if the existing circuit is a straight 240, then you need to add a Neutral from the panelboard to the new receptacle.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2016, 02:07 PM
    Depends. Tell us what you have and what you need.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 13, 2016, 02:56 PM
    You usually do not have a neutral

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the virginia electrical code number restricting a electrical box in a closet [ 3 Answers ]

Need to now the code in virginia by number On the placement of a circuit box in a clooset

Hy dose one electrical outlet make my ac adapter run hotter than another electrical o [ 2 Answers ]

Why dose one electrical outlet make my ac adapter run hotter than another electrical outlet? Two different AC adapters showed the same heating tendency. Multimetered both outlets the hot one runs at 122 v the other is at 120 v. I can't see that the voltage would cause the AC adapter to run...

Toro Lawn Tractor : Electrical power not getting to the electrical clutch. How fix? [ 2 Answers ]

1992 Toro Lawn Tractor with excellent mtnce: The electrical power is not getting to the electircal clutch. What is the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks

Can substandard electrical wiring installation at home produce electrical arching [ 6 Answers ]

Can substandard electrical wiring installation at home produce electrical arching? Then fire?

View more questions Search