Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holly31183 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2016, 06:17 AM
    New Flooring
    I had a company come in to take my carpets out and put vinyl in. They pulled the carpets out leaving nails exposed and had to leave because the employee brought his six year old that was sick to work and he was puking. I have kids and worried about the exposed nails. The company is acting like it was normal. Are they allowed to leave exposed nails out ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 7, 2016, 12:10 PM
    No, of course they are supposed to finish the job and that means taking all exposed out of the floor. Aside from the nails, you should have been worried about the germs the kid was leaving around. Did the father no know what was wrong with his kid? Get your mad hat on and get going with this company so they know it is not normal. If it was myself, I would be on the phone rather then asking here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring transition to raised vinyl flooring [ 4 Answers ]

Installer put new 1/4' subfloor in bathroom last year when installing new Tarkett (vinyl) flooring, with a metal strip transition to existing hall carpet. Now we are installing 12mm laminate in hall, which with underlay, is approximately the same height. However, when the metal strip was removed,...

Flooring outside [ 2 Answers ]

I have a covered front porch and I want to put something nice down for flooring. I have 7" fir plank flooring left over from the house, could I use it ? There is a room underneth it. I was thinking of fiberglassing the plywood and floating the hardwood, or fiberglassing over the fir? What do you...

Flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a carpet for a person who has incontinece. What would be the best flooring to install to repel urine? Vinyl, linoleum, painted concrete?

Bamboo flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in getting a bamboo floor put in. I want it to be darker than usual and I understand that the bamboo has to be heated to get the color. I also understand that the darked the color, the softer the bamboo is? I want to know how soft this flooring is going to be HONESTLY. Is it...

Flooring [ 3 Answers ]

Squeeky chipboard floor solutions please

View more questions Search