Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2016, 12:51 PM
    Extended Warranty
    There is a lot of pro and con whether to buy an extended warranty.
    This particular item is a whirlpool fridge cost $575.00 purchase in May 2016 with a 1-year warranty.
    The extended one-year warranty is $27.00 24-hour support* No service fee *No out-of- pocket expenses on covered repairs and replacements.
    Valuable Protection 100% parts and labor for covered repairs and replacements
    Service by Whirlpool Only authorized technicians
    Is it worthwhile?
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Sep 3, 2016, 01:37 PM
    I could be wrong, but you can up until the end of the first year pay and get a 1 or more years extension. My feelings are if it makes it through the year, you should be okay to not purchase an extension. That is just my take on ext. warranties.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2016, 01:51 PM
    My mother always bought the extended warranty and was willing to wait all day for an authorized repairman to show up. My husband, on the other hand, can fix almost anything (our washer is over 20 years old, our dryer will be 50 in January, and our refrigerator is almost 40). Nowadays, appliances aren't built to last. Will it break down after the first year? Can you repair it yourself?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 3, 2016, 02:32 PM
    I'm a fan of extended warranties for my larger items. With a bad back, for $27 for someone to pull out my fridge or washer/dryer so I can mop up the floor underneath them = DEAL! If they need a repair, then I'm covered, too.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2016, 03:04 PM
    Wonderful advice
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2016, 09:10 PM
    If you keep the condenser coils clean and expect to replace the defrost heater and terminator about once every 4-5 years you can keep it running for 50-60 years or more. You also should oil the fan motors. Parts run less than $30.00. Everything is very easy to fix, but occasionally you can have a thermistor (temperature sensor) ($3.00) go bad.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2016, 05:05 AM
    Thank you so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TV fried, given extended warranty, BUT.. [ 11 Answers ]

My beautiful 55" LG smart TV fried on the Fourth, and I actually got someone on LG's website chat immediately, AND she gave me an extended warranty because it was only 2 weeks past the 1 year warranty! WOW! What a wonderful company. I also have an LG fridge and washer, and love them too. But...

Warranty embedded vs extended [ 2 Answers ]

Hey this question I have answered but I am not sure whether I am 100% correct. So please help. A local dealership sells cars with a 2-year embedded warranty. In addition, the company offers separately a warranty for years 3 & 4. During 2009 the dealership sold 4,000 cars at an average price of...

Extended Warranty [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I purchaed an heil Furnace and I can go on line and registar for this extended 5yr warranty I connot find it.

View more questions Search