Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misspriss1_99 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Worried about pregnant cat
    About 9 weeks ago my husband and I took in 2 cats that had been mistreated... before we could get them spayed and neutered the female got pregnant. Yesterday we woke up and she had vaginal bleeding... we put her in a quite room with food water and a litter box... since yesterday there has not been any progress. She will not stay in the area that she has chose to nest unless someone is there with her. I am worried about her. Does anyone have any advise for me. Also will she evetually go to the place herself and give birth. How long should I give her before she goes into hard labor?
    CatherinenDaniel Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Apr 14, 2007, 11:05 PM
    My cat was exactly the same when she had kittens, she would follow me around everywhere and I'd walk her back to the little spot she had nested and she'd stay there as long as I was there and soon as I would up and leave she would follow me.. it happened for probably a week before she actually had her kittens, and the last day she would follow me while she panted, I guessed that it was going to happen anytime when the panting started and she kept meowing for me to go back to her little spot with her even when I was in the kitchen doing dishes, all of a sudden a kitten in a sac was half out so I had to go with her to her little spot which I had put towels down for her when I noticed that had been where she had chosen, she followed me and then went into the cupboard (her little spot) and her first kitten came. I thought she might like to be alone while she had the rest of them but every time I got up she would follow me - so I stayed with her till she had them all and then she was fine.

I'm no vetinarian - but I am guessing that it really shouldn't be long until she has her kittens now she has started bleeding.. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Apr 14, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Thank you so much for you help... that gave me some comfort knowing that you have been through it too... It's the first time I've had a female cat in the house. Usually they just have them outside... Again thank you so much.

Apr 17, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Has she had her kittens yet?

Apr 17, 2007, 10:05 PM
    No she hasn't... we're still waiting... the babies are very active in her belly though. Today she seems to be having a few pains in her belly... but nothing else. Everything else is normal. I am hoping that she delivers really soon. If we couldn't feel the babies moving around I would be worried. But since they are active we are just letting it take its course.

Apr 18, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Yeah I remember feeling my cats babies moving around in there.. I'm sure she'll have them when she's ready!
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Apr 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
    You know how not to worry about a pregnant cat

YOU GET THEM FIXED!

Apr 18, 2007, 02:32 PM
    If you read the first question... we took these cats in because they were being abused and the female was bread by the male before... we could get her to the vet to get that done... it was like the day we took them in... but hey thanks for your help. That was really nice of you... I hope you get back on here and read this again... All of my other animals are fixed... so this is not a neglect thing... but again thanks for your help... Don't think that I could have figured that one out without you... JESSYFAY!!

Apr 18, 2007, 07:46 PM
    You know what Jessyfay... why don't you stop putting your little snide remarks and if you aren't going to be any help then please quit commenting on my question. Would you abort your baby if you were pregnant... We have already found loving homes for the kittens so there's no reason for abortion...

Apr 19, 2007, 01:06 AM
    JessyFay - if you have nothing better to say then best to say nothing at all.. because no one got anything from what you posted, so how about your stick to what you know - whatever that may be.

Misspriss - please let me know when she has them... Goodluck! ;)
    gizmo_48401 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Apr 21, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Allmost any cat I had that had kittens wanted me there with them I had one go in laboer when I was asleep so she had them in my bed!

Apr 23, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Well my cat went into labor this morning and delivered a kitten at around 1045 Pacific time. The kitten was still born. She hasn't had another kitten as of yet and it is 1:36pm. I hope that she isn't having complications... I read that sometimes they will wait like four hours between kittens. We will see. She seems to be OK right now.

Apr 23, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Yah mine had kittens 6 days ago and she wated 4 hrs before she had to more there was one other time she stopped for 2 days then had the other

Apr 23, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Lol @ gizmo.. that would be a bit yucky waking to find a litter of kittens in bed with you..

Misspriss - I haven't heard of that before, but then again I am no expert in cats, I only know from my own experience with mine. She had all 6 out after an hour.. but obviously Gizmo has had a cat with a long labour! If I were you, I would just ring a vet and enquire whether you should be concerned or not?

Hope everything goes well.. fingers crossed!

Apr 23, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Yah I'm going to call tomarow and see what thy say she's never went this long I'm thinking she don't have more I'm hoping

Apr 23, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Well I took her to the vet and they had to give her a shot of antibiotics because she was running a fever. She seems to be OK... just not any more babies yet... she is eating and everything though.

Apr 23, 2007, 09:37 PM
    What did the vet say about her not having any more? And are there any still in there ?

Apr 23, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Yeah misspriss - did they say anything more about the kittens? Did they hear heatbeats or anything?
    Ylbgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
    What if you can't feel the kittens in side? My cat is pregnant and I can't feel them moving at all
    rhondawalck60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 05:37 AM
    Why would you be so mad about it, it's not like it's your ing pet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worried about if I am pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

We are not trying to get pregnant but we did briefly have unprotected sex twice last month after my period. I had my period on march 14th-it lasted about three days or so. On march 24th we briefly had sex and he pulled out after only a few minutes-the same thing happened again on march 28th. Since...

Family worried I might be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Back in January I had a normal period which was a few days late. Then I had unprotected sex January 26th. My period for February was 8 days late and started as spotting one day, full on bleeding the next day then spotting for another day and a half... then nothing. For the last month or so my...

22 and worried... Could I be pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm sorry, I know this question has been asked before but I am in a panic. I am a virgin and have been dating my boyfriend for about 3 months. We have done a lot of foreplay stuff, including some very slight contact (penile/vaginal) while naked, but never insertion. We are always very careful to...

Strange cat behavior. I'm worried please help! [ 1 Answers ]

I have two cats named sweetpea and azalea, and about two years ago I adopted another kitten. His name was guy. Sweetpea adored the new kitten. But azalea was not pleased and stayed away. Guy got bigger and when he got to be about azalea's size she would swat at him whenever he got near. Now...

Super Worried cat owner! [ 2 Answers ]

OKay... so my family and I are HUGE animal lovers... especially cats. We have a knack for taking in stray animals. One day we found these two kittens in an abandoned trailer... I'm talking practically just born. They couldn't even open their eyes. We took them home (assuming the mother and others...

View more questions Search