Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seaviewhouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2016, 12:52 PM
    Tight lever handle on grohe kitchen faucet
    I have a grohe 33877 kitchen faucet with a lever handle which has become quite stiff recently - both up and down and from side to side, like it needs a lube. It's an older faucet, still works great with no leaks except for this tightening up issue.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2016, 05:47 AM
    Mineral deposits get between the handle and body. One solution is to remove the handle and swivel part, clean and lubricate the o rings with plumbers grease. You can try WD40 or similar around the base and top of the sleeve. Even better is to get a rebuild kit.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2016, 02:38 PM
    Hello Seaviewho

Do as Ma0641 suggested also open the link below will show you the internal parts of your faucet and what parts needs to be lubricated I would not recommend to apply WD40 on the O rings, the best solution is to buy a new kit and replace, good luck.

John

Order Replacement Parts for Grohe 33877 Euroeco; Kitchen/Bar Single-Handle Centerset Swivel spout, also known as: Grohe Technical | Euroeco | Kitchen || Single | High Center | 33877000 | Guillen Enterprises
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 26, 2016, 03:05 AM
    Handle is mounted directly onto the cartridge stem. There is really on adjustment to lubricate or to adjust. All moving parts are "molded" inside the plastic cartridge. You will need to replace the cartridge

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tighten handle on grohe bridgeford kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Grohe bridgeford kitchen single faucet control handle is loose & I can't see how to tighten it, does end cap come off, if so how? I'm afraid of scratching it if I use a screwdriver to pry it off

Help removing Grohe kitchen faucet single handle [ 8 Answers ]

I have an older Grohe kitchen faucet with the single handle. I really don't know which model it is but it looks very close to a Ladylux. I want to replace the cartridge, so I purchases a replacement part # 46048. I am unable to remove the handle. I removed the allenhead type screw, and the plastic...

Help removing Grohe kitchen faucet single handle [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older Grohe kitchen faucet with the single handle - Grohe model #33-757 (I looked it up - thanks Tom). I want to replace the cartridge, so I purchases a replacement part # 46048. I am unable to remove the handle. I removed the allenhead type screw, and the plastic washer came out, but...

Help removing Grohe kitchen faucet single handle [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older Grohe kitchen faucet with the single handle - Grohe model #33-757 (I looked it up - thanks Tom). I want to replace the cartridge, so I purchases a replacement part # 46048. I am unable to remove the handle. I removed the allenhead type screw, and the plastic washer came out, but...

How do you remove the Handle from a Grohe Lady Lux Kitchen Faucet? I have included a [ 3 Answers ]

http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/33759g A link to a picture of the faucet above.

View more questions Search