Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lloydkiihn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2016, 09:02 AM
    LED bulbs
    When I replace all the bulbs in my ceiling fan with LED none will light until I replace 1 with an incontecent bulb 3 speed fan and no reastate in it
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2016, 10:34 AM
    Do you have a dimmer? And are the LED lights dimmable? Most aren't.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2016, 09:34 AM
    There is probably a load limiter in the bulb circuit and the LED's don't draw enough current to activate it. People have difficulty with cars by switching to LED bulbs and the old Turn Signal flasher won't work until it is changed to an LED flasher.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Led bulbs for china cabinet [ 2 Answers ]

My china cabinet uses 25w r-14 reflector spot light bulbs, standard base. Recently these have been burning out quickly and become stuck in the socket so that only half the bulb comes out. 1. Was advised to try to find led bulbs in 25 w reflector... so I would not need to change them as...

Dimmable LED bulbs flicker on 3 way circuit with 3 way dimmer [ 0 Answers ]

I recently had an electrician install 7 recessed can lights on the same 3 way circuit. The circuit has a 3 way dimmer on it and the fixtures all have dimable 15 watt LED bulbs. The problem is that sporadically, the lights will flicker.. . All of the lights together. It doesn't seem to be tied...

Using LED bulbs in home lighting - from an electrician's point of view [ 3 Answers ]

I have the opportunity to buy a sconce to put on my wall to add some light. I have a choice of a CFL light sconce or a regular Type A 60 watt bulb light sconce. My question: Can I use LED lights with ANY light fixture, regardless of whether it says LED? Is there any danger? I thought it...

Can I power two 110v led bulbs in series with 220v in Europe? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take some American LED bulbs and use in Europe where there is 220v supply. Is it possible to to do that wither with: 1. voltage converter (Fluorescent bulbs didn't work this way for some reason) 2. Connecting a resistor in series to drop the voltage to 110V. 3. Using two bulbs in...

Where can I buy volume LED bulbs for recessed lights? [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy volume led bulbs for recessed lights

View more questions Search