Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    38yearsold Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Apr 14, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Adult sexuality
    If sex was safe and a one time attempt to cross the sociological "virgin" barrier; with a sex worker, [being an older virgin who,through media and peer pressure, just had to get it out of the way due to overwhelming shame],at what point do I reveal this seemingly shameful act? Unless we are close to "bonding" during dating, is it truly necessary to reveal this past act? Or if so ,again ,if necessary, at what point, holding hands? Kissing? In the bedroom? Do I ask her about her previous encounters? After all, dating is just a friendly intro in:confused: to potential love.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 14, 2007, 09:07 PM
    No And no. Do not tell her and no do not ask about hers (she will tell you, sooner or later and you don't really want to know) And there is no point in telling her about your past, it's just really not that big a deal.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 09:22 PM
    If anything in the future leads to possibly having sex with this person, then you need to know if she has any STD's for your own safety. Thus, you are both going to have to reveal something about your sexual activity in the past, but don't need to go into detail.

I wouldn't consider the act shameful, unless it was something that went against your religious or moral beliefs. Hey, what you did in the past is in the past. You can always start fresh and new everyday.

Assuming that you both trust each other, if and when you are going to be sexually active with this person would be the time to tell them up front at anytime, just that you have had sexual activty in the past, nothing more. Hopefully, this won't have to happen for quite a while because as you say, something like this, dating is just a friendly way to potential love.

Please be safe rather than sorry.

Apr 15, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Thank you Clough, very succinct, respectable and obvious was your reply.

Apr 16, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Clough, thanks for responding to my reply. I was a bit worried that the "obvious" statement at the end of my thank you reply was going to be taken as sarcastic, but obviously you got my true intent. My blogging and "netiquette" is still green. Thanks again for responding.:)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 06:07 AM
    No reason to admit to this any more than you would give the intimate details of previous sexual partners. Some things just don't need to be revealed.
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Apr 17, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Personally I like to know how many people someone has had sex with before I have sex with them. If having sex with someone who has only been with one person the one time I would make sure I was extra patient rather than just completely losing myself in the moment. The way you lost your virginity is part of you so I would expect you to tell me. If you do not tell her I suspect it will pray on your mind and you will make it into a big dirty secret it does not have to be. Maybe she lost hers in a way she is a little shy about too so this might lead her to open up. There would be no need to discuss this at the very beginning, but I always think that sex should be talked about before it happens. Not in graphic detail obviously but I like the first time with someone to be relaxed, some where we can stay over night and to know what is going to happen with contraception. That might just be me though, I'm very open about sex.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 05:30 PM

4 year old thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

50 yr old man and his sexuality [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if any one can advise me. I have a new boyfriend. I am 46 and he is 54 There is a lot of chemistry between us, but he does not reach an orgasm. I have never been with anyone this age and I wondered if it is normal? What can I do to help? Can anyone give me any insight to this...

Sexuality [ 9 Answers ]

Im bisexual and I'm trying to come out to my mom. She hates when I bring up the sub. And hates gays! She is also a strong faith believer. How do I tell her without her hating me!! :confused:

I don't know how to accept his sexuality. [ 8 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now, and just recently he opened up to me about his sexual past. He told me early on he had one boyfriend before me, but he told me that was a one-off at a party that carried on and they did nothing sexual. He admitted he lied and told me that he had 2...

View more questions Search