Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k80kt40 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2016, 09:33 AM
    Alcohol Use with ETG testing
    I had one shot of liquor Saturday night and half a beer on Sunday night - my sister and I shared a beer at dinner. I took a urine test on Monday afternoon and it said to test for ETG. I am a little concerned about this what do you think?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 18, 2016, 09:44 AM
    Why are you being tested if I may ask because much depends on those terms and condition you are being tested under (court/employment) as well as the allowable levels of detection, if any. Generally you probably didn't consume enough alcohol to be detected at all, but one can never be sure without a full background of ALL the many factors involved.

Seldom are random tests for alcohol done without prior acknowledgement or agreement, and signed consent beforehand be it court ordered, or a requirement for continued employment.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2016, 09:45 AM
    You should be concerned, it very well might be detected, depending on the levels being tested for.

For a routine job application test you are probably OK, if you are being randomly tested because of a court order to abstain for whatever reason...you might have reason for concern.

Aug 19, 2016, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Why are you being tested if I may ask because much depends on those terms and condition you are being tested under (court/employment) as well as the allowable levels of detection, if any. Generally you probably didn't consume enough alcohol to be detected at all, but one can never be sure without a full background of ALL the many factors involved.

Seldom are random tests for alcohol done without prior acknowledgement or agreement, and signed consent beforehand be it court ordered, or a requirement for continued employment.
    It was for the courts I got myself into a pickle and they put me on pre-trial and they made me go take a UA. I haven't even been convicted of a crime yet. They say this is to make sure I go to court? Which I don't understand. It's not like anyone is at my door to make sure I'm going to court on my scheduled time. I feel like I'm being punished before even being convicted.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2016, 03:14 PM
    I would be concerned, It most likely means on "pre-trial, that you are not suppose to drink at all. So the limits will be low.

This most certainly could fair you.

If you get kicked out of the pre-trial, it means you will go to trial and that you will have a record, and all of that.
    Expert

Aug 19, 2016, 05:02 PM
    My guess is that you are working on a plea bargain for alcohol related charges. If you have a lawyer, he would have told you to be prepared for a test. Lets be clear, your stated consumption is not that great, but if you are a heavy consumer of alcohol and have only recently slowed down the test may show that.

Much depends on if you were PICKLED when you got into your pickle, and have a history of being really pickled, or have gotten into other pickles. If so then ANY detection of alcohol could definitely work against you. The devil is in the details.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2016, 06:23 AM
    It will be detected! It takes at LEAST 72 hours to leave your body and an ETG test isn't the same as a simple alcohol test. It is very sensitive. Even eating certain foods can give a false positive. Sorry.

Aug 22, 2016, 07:33 PM
    My guess is that you are working on a plea bargain for alcohol related charges. If you have a lawyer, he would have told you to be prepared for a test. Lets be clear, your stated consumption is not that great, but if you are a heavy consumer of alcohol and have only recently slowed down the test may show that.

Much depends on if you were PICKLED when you got into your pickle, and have a history of being really pickled, or have gotten into other pickles. If so then ANY detection of alcohol could definitely work against you. The devil is in the details.
    It is not an alcohol offense. It was a domestic violence charge. We were fighting and he got in my face and I spit on him. Not my proudest moment. When the cops showed up I smart mouthed them and that was that. So as a condition of my PR bond they put me on pre-trial supervision. I hadn't even spoke to a lawyer about all of this yet so I wasn't sure how it worked. When I took the UA the receipt said 7 panel drug screen with ETG. I didn't know what ETG meant so I googled it. I guess I will find out tomorrow if there was a problem when I go see my "case manager". I'm not a drinker so that was the most alcohol my system has seen in months.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2016, 08:35 PM
    Waiting for results can be very worrisome, but if anything is detected it cannot be high enough to point to habitual/heavy use of alcohol at least. Unless you have some health issues, or are on meds, I would just relax, and see what happens.

Please let us know what happens and good luck.

Aug 23, 2016, 10:36 AM
    Waiting for results can be very worrisome, but if anything is detected it cannot be high enough to point to habitual/heavy use of alcohol at least. Unless you have some health issues, or are on meds, I would just relax, and see what happens.

Please let us know what happens and good luck.
    I just saw my case manager. Nothing was said about the UA. I took the UA over a week ago and I'm not sure how long it takes to get the results back. I didn't bring it up and neither did she. It was and still is very worrisome. Thanks goodness they are talking about dropping my charges since I have never been in trouble before. I have been with my husband since high school so almost twenty years and we have never had a fight that heated before. The neighbors heard the yelling and got worried since they had never heard us fight before either and called the cops. Oh well live and learn I guess. Thanks everyone for your answers to my questions! I appreciate you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG Alcohol Testing [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I'm wondering what is your experience with EtG test and how much you drank passed them? So a buddy thought he was done with all his testings and the next week on Thursday night he drank 2 four lokos and Friday night drank 10 beers 8-11pm then he was told he has to do one more EtG test on Monday...

EtG alcohol testing [ 4 Answers ]

If I drank 2 beers 60 hours ago and have to take an alcohol test will I pass?? Does drinking a lot of water help?

EtG testing for alcohol [ 0 Answers ]

I have to take a UA for alcohol today (tuesday). I had a six pack between sat and sun. Will I pass?

EtG testing for alcohol [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question regarding urine/etg testing for drugs and alcohol. I will be serving a total of 12 days of community service for a rather embarrassing public intoxication mistake made over 6 months ago. This mistake earned me probation which includes the allowance of random drug tests...

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search