Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lywb2168 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2016, 12:17 PM
    Can I claim my 18 years old daughter and her baby on my taxes even when she receives
    My 18 years old daughter is starting College and just had a baby, they live with us and she was able to get a Pell Grant from fafsa. Can we claim her and her baby on our taxes next year? Will that affect her Pell grant approval?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 15, 2016, 01:07 PM
    You CAN claim her and the child, as you have provided more than HALF of the total support for her and the child.

It MAY or MAY NOT affect the Pell Grant. It depends on your income level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 25 year old daughter and her baby live with her mom and dad can we claim on taxes [ 1 Answers ]

My 25 year old daughter lives with us, her mother and step father we provide all the support for both of them can we claim them on our 2009 taxes

How do I claim my daughter on my taxes [ 2 Answers ]

How do I claim my daughter on my taxes? She lives in South Africa with her mother but I fully support her. I would have no opposition from her mother in this matter. I have school reciepts to support. I also have a bank card that thoughit is in my name it is used by them so that money is there for...

How to claim anything from last two years of taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a student and I am using the free Tax Cut software from Turbo tax to prepare my taxes. I realized I can claim deductions for the amount I paid for registration of cars. How do I add this to my return? I have never made adjustments to my old returns. Is there a special form I can download from...

Didn't claim daughter on last years taxes [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I take turns claiming our daughter every other year... I got confused and thought that it was my turn to claim her this year, when in fact, I was supposed to have claimed her last year. Is there anything I can do about that and can I go back and claim her?

View more questions Search