Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrazyDaisyLou Posts: 194, Reputation: 7

Apr 14, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Porcelain dolls
    Hi. I have a bunch of Disney Princess porcelain dolls from the Brass Key Company. Most are of just the princess' with different dresses, three are the Princess and Prince, and two are the Princess and a horse. The ones that are just the Princess' are 14" and 16". The others are a little shorter, because of there being more than just a Princess to it. Plus I have a 12 piece Disney Princess ceramic tea set from the Brass Key Company. Most are from 2002/2003, and a few are from a year or two earlier/later, and are in mint condition. A couple of the boxes aren't too great, but the dolls inside are fine.

I was wondering if any one (who knows about collectible porcelain dolls) thinks they will ever be worth money. I know that the Brass Key Company still makes some. They design like 20 or 30 different ones each year, and produce about 10,000 of each of them, and only sell them at certain stores. Like, these four designs they sell at this store, and those four designs they sell at a different store. Walmart and Sam's Club sell different designs, and they are basically the same company. Costco, Boscovs, and KMart used to sell them, but I'm not sure about any other stores, and if they still sell them.

I will be extremely HAPPY :D to post pictures if anyone want to see what they look like. My niece, who is three, loves to look at them.

Thanks

Daisy :p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Chances are that they will be worth more than they are right now, someday. But, you may have to wait quite awhile.

What you find on the following site may be of help to you. I hope that it is.

Porcelain Dolls - Collectible, Vintage and Antique Doll Information
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 02:55 PM

Thread is attracting solicitation for off-site content.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mattel dolls, 1980 [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 dolls approx 7cm high with oversized heads& really skinny bodys. The male is dressed 60's pencil thin pants (rather like the Beatles), 1 girl has blonde hair wearing a red spotted dress the other has dark brown hair. They all have M.I 1980 Taiwan stamped on the back of their heads. I...

Children's movie from 80s or 90s.. Dancing baby dolls.. apple tree [ 6 Answers ]

There is a movie I used to love as a kid and I have no idea what it's called. There is a girl who enters a world through her mirror where there are little babies singing and dancing on a bridge. She does something and falls into a hole where there is a witch and some monsters and a big apple tree...

Ceramic vs. Porcelain tile [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to be tiling a bathroom. I'm told for the floor, porcelain is more durable and will be less prone than ceramic to cracking. This tile will be laid on a concrete sub floor. Will that fact help even the durability factor between the two types of tile? What would your preference be for...

Dolls [ 1 Answers ]

I bought 4 dolls at a yard sale because they are unusual. I have no clue what they are. They are all men dressed extravagantly. It looks like real or fake fur around their hats, some have little bells on their clothes.only their faces and hands are polyresin? Their clothes are really something...

Orgianal cabbage patch dolls [ 6 Answers ]

My dad has a large collection of cabbage patch dolls he would now like to sell. Anyone have any contacts or ideas of how to sell any or all of them?

View more questions Search