Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mildredb85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2016, 05:49 AM
    I had unprotected sex 2 days ago and I was told to take OVRAL 28 contraceptive pills,
    I had unprotected sex 2 days ago and I was told to take OVRAL 28 contraceptive pills, will that prevent me from falling pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2016, 06:04 AM
    Emergency Contraception

It may, if taken in a manner like this.
    But no "after" pill is 100 percent, so there is a chance of pregnancy
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 11, 2016, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mildredb85 View Post
    I had unprotected sex 2 days ago and I was told to take OVRAL 28 contraceptive pills, will that prevent me from falling pregnant?
    Hi,

The longer you wait the less effective it will be, they're usually only effective within 3 days of unprotected sex. They're a huge dose of hormone to attempt to prevent ovulation and implantation. If either of these things have happened within the two days since the sexual encounter then the pill could be largely ineffective. You can take it, but you might still be pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex seven days ago n just start my period am I preganant? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex seven days agothursdat the 9th.He went inside me.I don't recall any coming out.I started my period today the 17th.Its light an looks like red water.can I get or am I preganant?

I had unprotected sex five days ago now my stomach is tightening can I be pregnant [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex five days ago now my stomach is tightening can I be pregnant

I am 23 years old, I'm getting married in 18 days. My doctor told me to take Ovral-l [ 2 Answers ]

I am 23 years old, I'm getting married in 18 days. My doctor told me to take Ovral-l, starting from the first day of my period. But my periods ended 2 days back. I can't wait till my next period, neither can I take the risk of not taking the pill. Should I start taking the pill from today...

View more questions Search