Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juniper2016 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2016, 02:26 AM
    He liked me, ghosted for months and now he's back? What? Please advise!
    Hey there,

Earlier this year this guy and I hit it off, went on a few dates and spoke every day while I was in school in another city over the span of three months. He even flew out to where I was going to school to drive back with me on the long drive back home. He talked about all of these summer plans he wanted to do with me and we had planned out a trip and everything. Then, two weeks in to me being home he ghosted. Completely stopped talking to me. I saw him out and he brushed me off in front of our friends but then stood in the hall way when he was leaving expecting me to go home with him (and I didn't). A month later I saw him out and would not give him the time of Day after he treated me like that. Fast forward to a few days ago and he is asking to see me, apologizing for being away and not having time to see me and saying he really likes me? He asked me to have dinner and go to a movie tonight and, out of curiosity, I agreed. When it was time to meet up he cancelled due to a family issue and asked to reschedule for later this week. He apologized a few times after cancelling and said he had been looking forward to it. I don't understand this at all. Is he just playing games? Am I just a booty call kind of thing? Thank you for any insight!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2016, 04:33 AM
    I'd like to know why you are wasting time on someone like that in the first place.

If you drop your pants and spread your legs if you are decent looking most guys will take you up on it, but its clear he sees an interest in you only when its convenient for him.

There are better guys out there if you look for them.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 10, 2016, 06:07 AM
    Had you been sleeping with him? That is what would make you a booty call. You guys are not exclusive so go out with him if you want and don't if you don't want. It's a date, not a proposal, the choice is yours. But if he had been rude and ill-mannered to you, why would you be asking if you should go out with him again?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 10, 2016, 01:20 PM
    I guess no one actually expresses their thoughts and feelings anymore. He 'ghosts,' you 'call him out,' he stops talking. Isn't that for 12 year olds?

When he first started ignoring you, you could have ASKED him what was wrong. That's all. "Hey, is something wrong?" Then, if no answer that you can accept, you drop the subject and drop HIM.
    Odds are that there's another girl who keeps dropping him. You're his standby, second fiddle.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2016, 05:16 PM
    I don't know what his deal is but chances are, if you had sex with him then maybe that's all that it is just sex/dinner. You either ask him directly, or don't waste your time on someone who treated you less than well. More than likely though your interest in him is much keener than his in you, and honestly I can't for the life of me understand why you never confronted him about the shabby treatment before you accepted another date with him.

There has to be a million guys better to date.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 10, 2016, 06:58 PM
    He didn't ghost, you saw him at parties and other places, and he totally blew you off! He didn't contact you, he ignored you, and now he suddenly has an itch and he wants you to scratch it, probably because no one else will.

It's your choice whether to go out with him again. Sometimes it takes a while to learn that you can't change someone. He treated you like crap, and I'd bet money that given the chance, he'll do it again. So it really depends on how much you want to continue to invest in this person, and how willing you are to be hurt again.

If you do decide to go out to dinner with him, the first thing that needs to be discussed is how he treated you, and you have to make it very clear that you did not and will not ever find that acceptable, and if he does it again, that's it.
    SouthernSweetie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2016, 10:13 PM
    I wouldn't waste my time! It's pretty clear the motives in this situation. If you have been sleeping with him as stated above, I'm sorry but yes you were a booty call. If you have no investment with this guy, there is no reason to stress it! Move on and don't have contact with him ever again!
    George00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2016, 02:32 PM
    Don't waste your time on someone who treated you less than well. More than likely though your interest in him is much keener than his in you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 21, 2016, 06:26 AM
    I wouldn't concern yourself with this guy. He sounds like a player to me, which means someone that will not be around long.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Sep 21, 2016, 10:39 AM
    He will play you along
    As long as you drop your thong
    All he is interested in is Dipping his Dong
    Move along before you are pregnant, which is Wrong

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Last time I had sex four months back... I am having means for last four months.is th [ 1 Answers ]

I am 21years old... after four months once only I vomited... my physical growth also didn't change... is there any possibility to get pregnant after four months... I had means last four months... so how about the chances?

Hello,I just got some test results back and was wondering if you could advise me if t [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just got some test results back and was wondering if you could advise me if this is a serious problem or any suggestions would be great... I was told by my neurologist to have a kidney (urinary tract ultrasound) scan and the report came back saying: "Left Kidney 10.6cm and normal,...

Getting back with an ex after six months [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm new to the site. I met a wonderful guy over 3 yrs ago , he was my first and was good to me, we had little problems here and there but what always lead to the fights is my lack of commitment,I've a phobia for relationship so I never aknowledged that he was my boyfriend even though...

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

View more questions Search