Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    borkneod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2016, 05:05 PM
    Journal Entry for Redemption
    Reever Corporation issued $2,000,000 of bonds on January 1 2003. The bonds mature in 2 years and pay 9% interest semi-annually. The bonds were issued at 97.

Record the journal entry when the bonds are redeemed 2 years later at 101.

Please help and explain!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2016, 12:36 PM
    This is your homework assignment. Site rules require you to show us your work, and what you have right or wrong, we don't do your work so you don't have to.
    borkneod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2016, 04:14 PM
    Sorry about that! What I have so far is, but I'm not sure how to find the last 3

DR Bonds Payable 2,000,000
    DR Discount on Bonds Payable
    CR Gain on Bond Redemption
    CR Cash

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entry / Double-entry software needed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a good software to use for daily journal entries and adjustments, that will allow me to create at least a balance sheet & income statement and perhaps a few reports (like inventory, accounts receivables). I need a real double-entry & simple reliable software. Peachtree &...

What would the general journal entry be for an adjusting entry? [ 1 Answers ]

Depreciation for the month: Factory equipment... $642.00 Office equipment... $369.70 What accounts are debited and credited?

Journal Entry for Redemption [ 1 Answers ]

Good afternoon all, Question: if a corporation retired $130,000 face value, 12% bonds on June 30,2005, at 102. The carrying value of the bonds at redemption date was $107,500. The bonds pay semiannual interest, and interest payment due on June 30,2005, has been made and recorded. could you...

What do I debit/credit in journal entry/adjusting entry? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am unsure about the correct way to debit/credit these entries. Can someone help me? Window Washing Company opened on July 1, 2010. During July the following transactions were completed: July 1 Issued 14,456 shares of common stock for $14,456 cash. July 1 Purchased used truck for...

View more questions Search