Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deluze Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2005, 08:06 PM
    It seems that I'll be scouting a little more before I purchase some pills... I really want to have a good buy... a cousin of mine bought Dr. James in five bottles (1700/each, since she got it in bulk) and got one FREE!! How nice... maybe because Xmas is near... hehehe

If only the sellers here were just like that... I'd buy in no time...
    Eunice has good prices though, not to mention she's incredibly nice as a seller... I just want to have a better buy... hehehe
    BabyBruchie Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Nov 26, 2005, 04:05 AM
    Yeah, its great, I just received an email from my seller that they are under that promo, I guess sellers in the philippines, once theother give doscount the others will too... I though I had a good buy already with mine for 1,700 each bottle with tons of free vitamin C but now they are buy5 take 1 for 1,700 with FREE vitamin C, same number of gluathione that you ordered. :(
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Nov 26, 2005, 03:45 PM
    Why would you lighten your pretty skin. I think dark skin people do this because they are made to feel they have to but I think its wrong. Don't lighten your skin. Only if you have splotches should you do that sort of thing.
    Brownsugar Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2005, 08:47 PM
    I agree with uhuru, I think if people on this forum want to lighten their skin then they should be able to with out criticism from negative people like you! :mad: I mean you don’t see any one criticizing the people out there who want to tan their skin, you know it's the same thing really! Only they want to darken their skin to a bronze tan, where as we want to obtain a lighter complexion. For me personally I'm looking for something to restore my skin complexion to what it was before last summer, cause I worked out in the sun a lot making me get darker, so I’m just looking to get rid of the discoloration I got. As for people who don’t understand why most of the people on this forum want to lighten their skin, your titled to your own opinion but don’t try and make us feel bad and shameful of or decision to lighten our skin.

Nov 26, 2005, 10:10 PM
    Okay. Well that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. There isn't no such thing as being too dark in my book. But some people back in the day had to go get some slaves because they were too lazy to pick their own danged cotton(fatlazy bums) and now lovely black peoples think they got to be white. I here by disown myself from them lazy bums. But you do what you wnt to do. No one can make you not. I will not ever understand it.

Nov 27, 2005, 05:09 AM
    To noneofyourbusiness
    Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... but come to think of it, have you ever wondered why we people want to lighten our skin in the first place?? Here's why.

Since your of African-American origin, I suppose your not familiar with the way Asians see it... First off, here in Asia, people with whiter skin are recognized as rich, beautiful, & healthy (just like there in the states that a healthy tan means the same)
    It's not that we want to be labeled like that (but seriously, who wouldn't?), and for the reason that some people have unsightly discolorations on their body (which causes low self-esteem). So now, do you get it??

And lastly, criticizing some of us of not being able to write in english perfectly as you guys do it (hello, why don't you try writing a language that's not originally yours, say, Spanish) and I'm sure you'd fair pretty much the same, if not worse...
    And FYI, the Philippines is labeled as one of the most proficient countries using the english language... (since most of us here, are Filipinos).

My opinion, it's really NONEOFYOURBUSINESS!!
    tanned Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2005, 08:38 AM
    To Deluze
    Quote Originally Posted by deluze
    My opinion, it's really NONEOFYOURBUSINESS!!!
    Man... You said it all
    :D
    kavin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2005, 11:14 AM
    I am just wondering has anyone looked at N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine? It is much cheeaper than Glutathione yeat it produces more Glutathione... So does it have the same affect to lighten your skin?

Nov 27, 2005, 11:39 AM
    That is exactly my point. Yes some people need it for facial blemishes. But also here in america people who are really dark skinned feel the need to lighten their skin because other people make them feel they are not good enough. So yes if you have some blemishes that are really bad then use it. It's a sort of weird in between thing though. If your too dark they want you to go lighter but if you are too light they want you to get a tan. Its all so confusing.
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Nov 27, 2005, 12:32 PM
    To noneofyourbusiness
    The root word here is LIGHTEN. I do not think these people want a Michael Jackson. We just want to lighten a FEW shades & what we do to our skin is completely none of your business. We never asked for your opinion. So hold the sharp tongue. If you do not like this forum, there are others you can ridicule. There are many to choose from. And for you to say you look more beautiful than any of us here inside out? As if! With no manners & narrow views, I would think your face must look like a cow's ***. I bet my Doberman looks a lot better than you.

Nov 27, 2005, 12:43 PM
    If you really need it what about that stuff called Nadinola? It seemd to work very well for my sister.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 27, 2005, 12:51 PM
    :eek: I will make 548 people that have replied to this post. Enough already let it go, half the responses are not even referring to the original question , some of us have replied to it any where from 20 to 60 times.
    uhuru Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2005, 05:58 PM
    To: Deluze and Dimples
    Well said, well said ;)
    dachsonish Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2005, 06:49 PM
    Hey I found out that these whitening pills are not monitored by the FDA... are you all sure you want to risk any possible side effects?

Geez, I just found out that the birth control pills I have been taking for the past 5 years have caused me to bald... my hair is thinning so much! And you think you want to take pills to get whiter!

Good Luck!

Dash
    Beyonce Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2005, 09:41 PM
    Over it
    Guys Its True! Accept Your Skin Colour. Learn To Love It & Work It. Im Dark Skinned, & Ever Since I Began Accepting Myself & Loving Myself, I've Noticed Those Around Me Too Accept It & Most Will Love It! Confidence Is Very Attractive, Thanks To Words Of Truth & Wisdom, I Shine Each & Everyday! :)
    Deepbrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2005, 08:19 PM
    Something Worked For Me!
    The title is a little deceiving but true. You guys I have to confess something I have a deep history in, desperately wanting my skin to be lighter. It started in childhood being the darkest little girl in my WHOLE family. I always pictured how beautiful I would be and how much better people would perceive me if only my skin was more yellow that dark brown (I’m African American). All you ever see are these beautiful skin-toned woman and the men who loved them just because! As I became more intellectual getting a Masters so on and so forth, I reasoned with myself that I did not want to be known for my outer beauty but for my inner self, my “ inner supermodel.” I was scouted for modeling several times which was ironic because I seen myself as either really ugly or really pretty it varied every day. I judged myself by means of the media, even my hair. When I went out to clubs (I’m 25) guys would seem to favor my lighter friends (which was pretty much all of them :confused: ) over me. I assume you can relate to the feeling! Okay I’m dragging on but.. I started looking at these forums secretly to get ideas and I was sooo happy this one existed. I finally got the Makari caviar skin lightning cream because someone had posted pretty good results about it. I used it on my clear milky deep brown skin; about 2 weeks later it broke me out on my forehead and sides of my face. I have never had bumpy skin. I was dismayed! Now I have to go to a dermatologist to fix the blemishes left behind. In short (okay maybe not but in long :D ) I just want to say, If we keep judging ourselves amongst ourselves we will never fair light enough or pretty enough or skinny enough. I am NOT ridiculing anyone don’t mistake my message but simply to bring reality to Light. The media and society’s perception of us (people of color) kill our self-worth and integrity :( . We pay mad money for a bottle, cream or pill of hope to soothe our desperation to be accepted when really God has kissed every feature that we have with his seal of approval. Love you as if you were the next best thing going! Only then will our intense and eclectic hues be accepted as beautiful. I will NOT be defined by the World’s standard because I am NOT of the world but simply in the world (as a spirit led Christian). What I found that worked for me is God’s acceptance. He does not make mistakes. The world lies and deceives you but not He, and not the bathroom mirror we spend hours looking at ourselves in. Sell yourself on the notion just maybe you are “fearfully and beautifully made” Psalms 139:14-15 :)

Dec 3, 2005, 11:15 PM
    To Deepbrown
    We appreciate your different approach... but some people just have stronger drives to lighten their skin than some do (that includes me)... thanks for the opinion anyway...

Dec 4, 2005, 05:21 PM
    To: Everyone
    I think we should look at it this way, when ever we watch television, if the picture needs adjusting me will try to adjust the tone, the contrast, or the Brightener. We adjust the picture so we can see the faces of the people clearer. If the picture is too dark, we can not see the persons features clearly so we brighten it up just a little. If the people faces look too pale, we adjust the TV to make the picture a little darker.

That is the same thing with our complexion. We are only adjusting it a little so we can look more clearer. So our features can appear more sharper and destinct. No one is trying to look white. White is colorless. When the TV screen is too white, we try to darken the picture. When the TV screen is too white, everyone on television looks like :eek: Michael Jackson
    brownskinnedbeauty123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2005, 09:58 PM
    deepbrown well, I knew plenty of girls who were really chocolate and got so many guys it was ridiculous. Part of it had to do with the fact that they had amazing bodies, very toned, and in shape. As well, as being confident.

Anyway, a few years back I had fell into the l glutathoine craze. I never stuck to it, mainly due to the fact was that I didn't have enough mgs. Two years later, people STILL don't know if this stuff truly works. And those who claim it does are disappointed that it only lightened them up 4 shades lol. That is a major achievement with some pills.

I'm still not confinced that they work. What if they're just a side effect that only happens to a certain amount of people? You know how things react differently to some. Like if you take a pain pill, it might make some people feel better, and others feel worse?

Dec 9, 2005, 07:08 AM
    To: Entity33
    You are putting a lot of heat on everyone. You are upset because no one have not confirmed for you if products work? All you have to do is try them yourself and let us know what happened. You are your own best testimony. So, go ahead try it,then later tell us what happened. Be an example to us all. Do what we have dared not to do. Oh yes, and when you are finish, don't forget to send us your full body before and after pictures. :eek: I am curious myself, if anyone else can look like :rolleyes: Michael Jackson?!!!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening pills [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very uneven skin tone (by that I mean some parts are dark while others are light). I really want to lighten it up to an even tone, are skin lightening pills dangerous to use for this purpose? I'm a 20 year old black female. Are there any long term side effects?

Do Skin Lightening Pills work? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm currently using hydroquinone 10% and it's working fine but I was going to order some skin lightening pills so I can lighten a little faster. Before I get into those, I wanted to know has anyone had experience with skin lightening pills & what were your results. Thanks.

Skin Lightening Pills [ 4 Answers ]

What's up with skin lightening pills? Are they any good? How well do they work? And what are the best ones?

Skin Lightening Pills: Do they work and How Long does it take to show results? [ 25 Answers ]

Hello... Im Treyce, a Media Anchorperson and of Indian descent... I am looking for an effective skin whitening product to help me even out my dull skintone and give me a brighter/lighter and more radiant complexion. I recently (3 months exactly) been rigidly taking a particular brand's Whitening...

Skin Lightening Pills That Really Work [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know if there are any skin lightening pills that really work and were I could buy them :

View more questions Search