Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joanna0723 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2016, 06:19 AM
    Vaginal douche
    Hi, my doctor advised me to douche using povidone iodine vaginal douche kit for 2 weeks daily. I was diagnosed with PID before but I am okay now. She give me this medication because she saw I still have many discharge. So she take a sample and my vaginal swab result was all normal. I hope you can explain to me further about my case.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 27, 2016, 07:03 AM
    Hi Joanna,

I would talk more with your doctor about your case. We don't have enough knowledge of the specifics of your medical history nor the experience to be able to interpret your results in any meaningful way. Your doctor has the information and experience to answer your questions.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 28, 2016, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joanna0723 View Post
    Hi, my doctor advised me to douche using povidone iodine vaginal douche kit for 2 weeks daily. I was diagnosed with PID before but I am okay now. She give me this medication because she saw I still have many discharge. So she take a sample and my vaginal swab result was all normal. I hope you can explain to me further about my case.
    Pelvic inflammatory disease can be quite harmful if left untreated. It is a sexually transmitted disease, so you were wise to seek medical intervention. Your concern has me puzzled though, you had a follow up with your doctor who took another swab, after preventative treatment, and declared you were normal. So, why do you need further explanation, which by the way, should only come from your doctor, not anyone on the internet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Douche hydrogen peroxide [ 1 Answers ]

Douche hydrogen peroxide

Is an Alum douche safe? [ 1 Answers ]

Is an Alum douche safe?

Best Friend = Douche [ 17 Answers ]

Hey, I had dated this guy for almost a year and then he dumped me.He was my first EVERYTHING. I loved him so much so imagine the pain I felt. Its been 2 years since the break-up, but we still talk and were cool with each other. I'm even dating someone new since April and he's amazing. But yesterday...

View more questions Search