Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2016, 07:06 AM
    Talking Differential All Wheel Drive vs Front Wheel Drive..
    Curious more the Economics , MPG to Run an AWD.. While we do have Blizzard like conditions at the Best of Times during the Winter Months.. And we're less than a 2km Drive to Provincially Paved Highway.. Point is we do more Miles on Paved Highways.. So a FWD would be sufficient.. Looking @ a Honda HRV 1.8L... Thoughts Appreciated, Cheers Thanks..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2016, 09:29 AM
    I bet there are a ton of Subaru's where you live. They set the basis for AWD. I have a CRV with traction control. No good when both front wheels slip, locks everything down until you disengage. Doesn't the HRV have an AWD optiuon, I'd be surprised if not.
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2016, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    I bet there are a ton of Subaru's where you live. They set the basis for AWD. Doesn't the HRV have an AWD optiuon, I'd be surprised if not.
    (1). Plenty of AWD Subaru Infinitys... lol..
    (2) Yes the HRV has the AWD Option...

Curious is All, If the AWD Mode would be more Expensive MPG wise than just your Regular FWD?. We run with Winter Snows on all 4's and it's FWD..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drifting with a front wheel drive car [ 21 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I drive a 93' toyota great corolla. I'm wondering, is it possible to drift using a front wheel drive car like mine? If it is, can anyone tell me how to do it... Thanks for your answers...

Front wheel drive belt is loose after hitting object. How do you tighten it? [ 0 Answers ]

I was mowing neighbors lawn and hit an object I think to be wood. Mower immediately died, but started up again after a while. Blade looked bent so I replaced it. After doing so, I noticed the module for front propeller looked lose. Then after moving it, noticed that it was what tightens the belt...

Drifting in a front wheel drive car? [ 2 Answers ]

;) can you drift with a front wheel drive car? :? :?

View more questions Search