Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rebekah Perkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2016, 03:20 AM
    Missed birth control
    Hi, so I've been on mononessa 28 for almost 10 years and recently I was on my second week of taking the pills and I missed one so the next day I would take the missed one and the one for that day that happened twice that week. Then the start of the third week I missed Sunday through Tuesday and on Tuesday I started my period a week early. I've been a little stressed out the last couple days not over this but other personal reasons. I'm 31 years old and I need help please.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2016, 04:00 AM
    What do you need help with, several missed pills can cause cycle to start. If you have a cycle, you are not pregnant.

Of course if you are sexually active, missed pills can cause a larger chance of pregnancy. You can become pregnant even taking the pills correctly.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 20, 2016, 08:11 AM
    Hi!

For the next month you'll need to use a secondary form of birthcontrol but you should be fine otherwise. This is just to be safe until you're back on Mononessa regularly.

The pills are made to keep a constant hormone level in your body to convince it that it's pregnant already so it doesn't need to release an egg. There are secondary effects as well. When you get a disruption of the hormone levels then things will go wonky, which is to say that you could get ovulation. You need to make sure you have the constant hormone level for a complete month before discarding the secondary form of birthcontrol. That is if you're sexually active at the moment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed birth control [ 3 Answers ]

I started my because 3 days late. Then I took 1, next night 2, next night 1, missed again, next night took 2, next took 1, (this is the time I would ovulate) next missed, then for the last two nights I've taken 1 normally and hopefully can remember to take normally for the week and a half left in...

Missed birth control. [ 3 Answers ]

I have not been able to take my trinessa birth control pills in 12 days, when am I suppose to start my first pill in my new pack.

Missed Birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I missed the last two birth control pills of my pack, (Friday & Saturday) and today is now Sunday. I took one pill this morning, should I take the other missed one as well or skip it and start a new pack tonight like normal? What is my pregnancy risk?

Missed period on birth control. [ 1 Answers ]

I am almost 19 and have been seeing my boyfriend for over 3 years now, On September 4 which was a Friday he came to visit me and stayed until Monday. We had unprotected sex on Saturday and on Sunday(Which was the day I start taking my inactive pills) I started my period on that Tuesday as I...

View more questions Search