Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Apr 14, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Suggestions - need short term housing for family
    I just sold my home unexpectedly fast given the market - it took less than 6 weeks which really caught me off guard. I am thrilled it's sold, but have to close about 4 months before I'm ready to move and will need to cover the gap with housing for myself, my son and my small dog. Can anyone recommend how I might go about finding temporary housing, preferably furnished, on a month to month basis that will be relatively inexpensive in the Twin Cities of Minnesota? I have furniture but don't want to move it twice so am thinking of having the movers store it until I'm ready to move in a few months.:eek:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2007, 03:37 PM
    You may want your furniture, since most "funished" may not to be the quality you are used to.

But there are anything from furnished rooms, to apartments to houses, many rent on a month to month rental ( no leases) it is a matter of getting the news paper out, goint to a rental agnecy that does property rental
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2007, 03:43 PM
    I agree with Fr Chuck. Realtors usually handle long and short term rentals. Local newspapers list places. You can also try reviewing the ads or posting your own ad in craigslist. You just need to make sure that you do not give out any personal info until you have established an ongoing email correspondence and you are comfortable the person is on the level:

craigslist: minneapolis / st paul classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short term vs long term capital gains, loss carryovers [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 2000 and 2001, I had short term capital losses that exceeded the 3000 dollar limit. Each year, I've been able to deduct 3000 dollars since my short term gains have been minimal. I still haven't used up all my 2000 and 2001 short term losses. I had some long term gains in 2000, but...

Short term capital gain [ 3 Answers ]

What makes a short term capital gain qualified?

401K short term taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 401k accout that I am able to play the stock market with. I have been trading stocks on a short term basis, my question is when I start drawing from this account what tax rate because of the short term trading will I be looking at.

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search