Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gadis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2016, 07:48 AM
    My 6 year old Maytag dryer makes these brutal high pitch squeaking sounds.
    Hello Sir,

My 6 year old Maytag dryer makes brutal high pitch squeaking sounds. Is it dangerous? I think it is because of the lint go inside the machine. Do you think someone can help me out of this? The important thing is, it will not make more trouble like get fire or get worse.

Thank you very much.

Gadis
    July 19, 2016
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2016, 09:34 AM
    Sounds of that nature are typically the drum belt or drum rollers. You will need someone to open the case and inspect.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2016, 10:00 AM
    It will have to be totally torn down, cleaned, and lubricated with lithium hi-temp grease (WD-40 makes a good spray type) Order a belt before you do it, though, because you will need it. You should also order a complete roller kit (cheap) so you will not have future problems. You wash out all parts that move air: The filter compartment, air ducts, blower fan and shroud, etc. It's an easy job that can be done in a couple of hours or less, just mark all wires when they are removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ac unit makes a high pitch noise after it cuts off [ 0 Answers ]

My AC unit makes a high pitched noise when the unit cycles off. Any ideas on what would cause this?

Our one year old dryer has a high pitch squeak and the top is hot to the touch [ 0 Answers ]

We have a fairly new dryer that has been giving off a high pitch squeak when it runs and the top of the dryer gets very hot to the touch. The vent and ducts are clear and not the cause of the heat issue. We have also reduced the loads with no resolution to the squeak or heat issue.

The dryer on my Kenmore stackable makes high pitch noise when warmed up [ 0 Answers ]

Model #417.94702300. It's 6 years old. It only makes noise once its warmed up but then it doesn't stop. The other noise it makes is a lower pitch rubbing sound. Any help troubleshooting this would be appreciated as I cannot afford a technician. Thanks.

Outside A/C unit makes high pitch noise when turned on [ 4 Answers ]

I am a builder. I have a homeowner who has 3 Trane A/C units. It took a while to distinguish which unit was squeeling. But we now know that when the second floor unit comes on the A/C compressor on the outside make a loud squeeling noice that wakes the homeowner at night. It makes the noise for...

View more questions Search