Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by isabelle
    You are an expert, I bow to your superior knowledge.......I will make you deal.......You share your experiences and I will share my knowledge.
    Hello again, isabelle:

Now, you're making sense. My experiences?? I've been sharing 'em for 10 years or so online - here for about two years. You can read your head off.

excon
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

May 1, 2007, 04:00 AM
    I think I will take a pass, but thanks for sharing. I will continue to share my knowledge.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Fact, Because many have tried it, and enjoyed the affects without harm, there are those who do get addicted to pot and have ruined there lives and some have to seek help to overcome the addiction. Telling someone that it isn't is downright irresponsible.

May 1, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Talaniman, I tried to agree with your response but I got a notice that "I must spread some reputation around before giving it to Talaniman again"... I have no idea what I did but I meant to agree with you.
    jaxie Posts: 148, Reputation: 4

May 4, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Its not physically addicting my Lord if the person was is so addicted to pot id hate to see if they tried something else they sound like nyquil or tylenol pm would get them addicted lol sorry but it's the truth I mean no control over pot? Wow that's weak to say the LEAST come on now... pot should be THE biggest drug problem. No withdrawals no physical addiction very very low on the scale of 'addictions' look at people with cocaine heroin extasy kid that inhale paints and chemicals mushrooms all of those bad things... then look at pot POT SAVES EYESIGHT FOR PEOPLE WITH GLAUCOMA POT STOPS CHEMOTHERAPY PATIENTS FROM WASTING AWAY BY PREVENTING VOMITING POT INCREASES THOSE WHO HAVE CANCERS HUNGER AND ENABLES THEM TO EAT . NOW I GUESS THOSE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE REASONS GOD PUT THAT PLANT ON THIS EARTH. MONTELL WILLIAMS IS JUST ONE WHO COULD ATTEST TO IT

Quote Originally Posted by valgal
    I tried marijuana like a month ago and ever since then I could not stop. I buy it every chance I get. Does that mean I'm addicted?
    It means you like it don't be weak if you don't need it for physicals reasons like saving your eyesight or to stop vomiting from chemotherapy you don't need it hun. You just like it. See if you can stop for a week. You sound scared about it. Whatever you do don't do hard drugs or drink because you sound like one who easily gets into things you like and then don't want to give it up because you like it so much so steer clear of other things then. You will be fine...

THESAVAGE is correct. Pot ahahahah imagine PHYSICAL ADDICTION WITHDRAWALS pot doesn't do that. It DOES save eyesight for people going blind it DOES stop vomiting for cancer patients it DOES give appetite to those who are sick with cancer and without could not eat hey God put it here for a reason and that's good enough for me. IF someone is SO addicted lmao to pot keep them away from nyquil and tylenol pm they may 'get addicted'I don't care who disagrees with me. Fact is fact.
    Expert

May 5, 2007, 03:49 AM
    sorry but its not addicting I mean imagine that person with coke or worst>? I know some people lol addicted to myquil or tylenol pm plain weaklings
    You do everyone a disservice here, Jaxie because anyone who works in the recovery business knows that pot is highly addictive to a segment of the community, and cannot be dismissed as simply weak, you do great harm by spreading that here, and to any one who suffers. At least get your facts together before you open your mouth, and dispense advice that is so potentially harmful to many.

May 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
    I do not think one can compare addictions. To say "at least it is not Cocaine or Heroin"' does not matter.
    It is like saying "yes, I robbed the store but at least I didn't kill any one." It is still wrong and against the law.
    As an R.N. I have worked with addictions and I know "pot" is considered an addiction. There does not have to be terrible withdrawal symptoms when discontinuing the drug for it to make life very hard.
    There are functioning addicts and non-functioning addicts, but one should never be discouraged from seeking help.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Jaxie, by reading your other threads it is apparent that you have been hurt by an addict. You simply do not have all the facts and are speaking from your heart rather than texts or edcuation, only heartache.

I invite you to go with me to my next clinical rotation at the substance abuse rehab center where it is COURT ORDERED that these people undergo treatment for substance abuse. Many of these individuals are addicted to marijuana as their drug of choice, but yes, I will stop your argument here, many more are addicted to other substances.

Now, of the folks that I was treating, and I will stick with the marijuana addicts to keep things simple, committed few if any crimes. The major crime that was committed, as told to me by one patient, and I will quote him:

"The only crime I committed was falling in love with Mary Jane, she became my best friend and my lover. I gave up everything to be with her. I lost my wife because I cheated with Mary Jane, I lost my beautiful twin sons, even my parents don't respect me anymore. I gave up my home and my job to be with Mary, she became my life. Oh, yeah, the other crime I commited was coming up positive on a piss test."

I asked him if he was there voluntarily or court ordered, he revealed that it was court ordered because he was found guilty of embezzlement from his company.

Now, I am speaking from education as well as personal and/or familial experience, you are speaking from a broken heart.

DOES stop vomiting for cancer patients it DOES give appetite to those who are sick with cancer and without could not eat
    Didn't work for me Jaxie, actually made the vomiting worse.

IF someone is SO addicted lmao to pot keep them away from nyquil and tylenol pm they may 'get addicted'
    I will tell that to the lady who used to be the principal at my children's elementary school who started with pot because it was such a minor drug in her opinion and that it helped her relax after a stressful day. Now she is doing time in the local jail for stealing prescription drugs from wherever she could get her hands on them.

See, Jaxie, addiction to marijuana does not happen to everyone, some use it socially and are fine with that, but for others it is a terrible addiction and ruins lives and families.

Fact is fact.
    Once you have the facts, then please post them. I have many more facts I could give you, but I will wait to post those at a later date.

May 8, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Talan FIRST I want to say the advice you gave ME was GREAT and very appredciated. You know on the relationship subject. I do NOT wish anyonw harm. Unfortunately I DO have experience even though it was a long time ago. Maybe my (then) friends and I just got lucky I don't know. However since I have been reading it DOES SEEM MANY FOLKS have a terrible problem with the subject of weed and for that I bow down, apologize and would just like to say again you give good advice you certainly did to me with relationships... I am only human so FORGIVE ME. I did NOT mean to harm mislead or OFFEND YOU or ANYONE. WHEN I am wrong I say I am wrong and when I am sorry I say I am sorry. You have my apologies on both. Peace to you always Jax

JOSH WROTE>>>>>>>In simple behavioristic terms, we only do things for two reasons: to increase pleasure or avoid pain. Each time you choose to smoke pot, it's because at some basic level you believe it will either increase your pleasure, decrease your pain, or both.

Checking out whether that's true, both in the short and the long term, takes honesty and willingness to look at things we don't always want to look at.

JOSH that was very insightful and holds a lot of meaning BRAVO for your in depth yet right to the point answer.

J9 That is so sad. I am very sorry. I offer my apologies for my ignorance and can only hope for forgivness to you folks.. now let me find that whip and kick my azz. Seriously.. sad and Im sorry.

J9 I also give YOU MY APOLOGIES. I was wrong. Im sorry. Very sorry.

I AM SO SORRY YOU HAD TO GO Through THAT AND THAT IT DID NOT HELP YOU. I REALLY AM ASHAMED. WHAT MORE CAN I SAY, I WISH YOU HEALTH PEACE AND HAPPINESS.
    I FEEL SHAME NOW:(
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Jaxie, by reading your other threads it is apparent that you have been hurt by an addict. You simply do not have all the facts and are speaking from your heart rather than texts or edcuation, only heartache.

I invite you to go with me to my next clinical rotation at the substance abuse rehab center where it is COURT ORDERED that these people undergo treatment for substance abuse. Many of these individuals are addicted to marijuana as their drug of choice, but yes, I will stop your argument here, many more are addicted to other substances.

Now, of the folks that I was treating, and I will stick with the marijuana addicts to keep things simple, commited few if any crimes. The major crime that was committed, as told to me by one patient, and I will quote him:

"The only crime I committed was falling in love with Mary Jane, she became my best friend and my lover. I gave up everything to be with her. I lost my wife because I cheated with Mary Jane, I lost my beautiful twin sons, even my parents don't respect me anymore. I gave up my home and my job to be with Mary, she became my life. Oh, yeah, the other crime I commited was coming up positive on a piss test."

I asked him if he was there voluntarily or court ordered, he revealed that it was court ordered because he was found guilty of embezzlement from his company.

Now, I am speaking from education as well as personal and/or familial experience, you are speaking from a broken heart.

Didn't work for me Jaxie, actually made the vomiting worse.

I will tell that to the lady who used to be the principal at my children's elementary school who started off with pot because it was such a minor drug in her opinion and that it helped her relax after a stressful day. Now she is doing time in the local jail for stealing prescription drugs from wherever she could get her hands on them.

See, Jaxie, addiction to marijuana does not happen to everyone, some use it socially and are fine with that, but for others it is a terrible addiction and ruins lives and families.

Once you have the facts, then please post them. I have many more facts I could give you, but I will wait to post those at a later date.
    Thank You All For Educating Me, I Really Am So Sorry. Your Posts Were Real Insightful Educating And For Me I Must Say Im Ashamed And I Offer All My Apologies On My Ignorance. I Learned A Lot Here When I Shut My Heart About My X And Opened My Brain To All Of Your Stories. Sorry There Is Nothing More I Can Do But Bow Down Concede And Offer My Sincerest Apologies And Also Heartfelt Thanks. I Guess That's Why Most Of Us Here Are Here To Learn.

May 9, 2007, 03:56 AM
    Jaxie I am so glad you changed your opinion. You had me scared for a while there.
    I just want to give you a big hug.
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 08:29 AM
    I tried marijuana like a month ago and ever since then I could not stop. I buy it every chance I get. Does that mean I'm addicted?
    If weed is causing problems in your life, and you need help to stop, then yes you are addicted and must seek help. A health care facility or Narcotics Anonymous is good place to start.

May 9, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Isabelle Im Sorry Please Accept My Sincerest Apologies I Apologized To You All. My Ignorance Or As The Kids Say Today 'my Bad/

May 9, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxie
    Isabelle Im Sorry Please Accept My Sincerest Apologies As A Matter Of Fact I Apologized To You All. My Ignorance Or As The Kids Say Today 'my Bad/
    Jaxie, please don't let this upset you. We all learn things as we grow older. I usually learn something new or change my mind when I see honest facts presented. I am happy that the replies on this board helped you.
    The most important thing to remember is that you are still a valuable member and I know you have a lot of knowledge to share.
    You seem like a very kind person and I look forward to sharing ideas with you on multiple subjects.
    I also admire you in being able to say you were mistaken, I am constantly surprised at the amount of people that would never admit to anything like this.

May 11, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Isabelle
    .Thank you for forgiving me. You are a real sweet gal. I really am so sorry, now if only the others would accept my apologies. :( (I hope) Thanks for saying Im still a valued member I am going to stick to what I know:o and before I post on something I am going to READ OTHERS and LEARN from there. Thank you also for saying you admire my asking for forgivness... I was taught when your wrong Jac you say you were wrong and make ammends. My grandma now gone taught me that. I ADMIRE YOU for being so KIND and for saying that It meant a LOT to MY HEART. You really touched me. Big Hugs Jackie
    Expert

May 11, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Jaxie, there is really nothing to apologize for, we all learn something new every day. But if you feel the need to apologize, then your apology is graciously accepted.

You are a valued member of this site, you were just speaking from your heart and your hurt.

What I admire about you is your tenacity. You stick to it no matter what. Many people just duck and run, but you didn't.

I have had to admit my mistakes before and it was really hard the first time. It takes a big person to admit they made a mistake and do what they can to fix it. You are that big person, and I do look forward to reading some of your posts.

MUWAH!! JAXIE!!

May 11, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Anywone Else Notice The Dates On The Posts Are Way Off? Jeez I Know It Is Not Sept Haha Its May
    Expert

May 11, 2007, 12:47 PM
    What?
    PinkAngel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 12:55 PM
    You are well on your way yes. I would stop now and if you can't... go to a NA meeting.

May 12, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Jaxie, there is really nothing to apologize for, we all learn something new every day. THANK YOU SO MUCH...... But if you feel the need to apologize, then your apology is graciously accepted. I AM SO HAPPY YOU ACCEPTED MY APOLOGY!

You are a valued member of this site, you were just speaking from your heart and your hurt.

YES AND IM SORRY FOR THAT HUN THAT IS GREAT INSIGHT BTW ON UR PART

What I admire about you is your tenacity. You stick to it no matter what. Many people just duck and run, but you didn't.

WELL SEE THERE ARE THINGS I DO KNOW A LOT ABOUT BECAUSE I SUFFER FROM MANY THINGS SO I AM GONNA STICK TO WHAT I KNOW BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO HELP FOLKS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT COMPIMENT.

I have had to admit my mistakes before and it was really hard the first time.

BUT YOU DID IT ! It takes a big person to admit they made a mistake and do what they can to fix it. AND THAT MAKES YOU A BIG PERSON ALSO SO GIVE UR SELF A BIG PAT ON THE BACK FOR THAT. You are that big person, and I do look forward to reading some of your posts. THANK YOU I AM JUST SO HURT I GAVE SUCH GOOD ADVICE ON SEVERAL ISSUES AND NO ONE LEFT ME ANY POINTS OR SOME DIDNT RESPOND AFTERWARDS AND THAT HURTS YOU KNOW>?

MUWAH!!!!!! JAXIE!!!

MUWAH RIGHT BACK TO YOU ! THANKS SO MUCH HUN.

Anywone Else Notice The Dates On The Posts Are Way Off?? Jeez I Know It Is Not Sept Haha Its May
    WHAT WAS THAT WIZE CRACK FOR>? I Don't SMOKE POT

Hey Excon What The Hell Was That Wise Crack For>? I Don't Smoke Pot. That Wasn't Nice Of You

excon agrees: Uhhhh, check the date on YOUR calendar. Or, you better step away from the joint EXC CON ? I Don't SMOKE POT WHY U HAVE TO BE SO CRUEL TO ME?

Oh And I Gave You Such Good Ratings And All Man That Is Just Not Right This Post Isn't About Me Don't Try And Damage My Reputation With An Assignine Assumption. Im A Nice Person But Man U Pissed Me Off After All The Nice Things I Said About You And All The Ratings Thanks A Lot

Anywone Else Notice The Dates On The Posts Are Way Off?? Jeez I Know It Is Not Sept Haha Its May
    LOOKS LIKE YOU BEEN SMOKING THE WEED
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Jaxie, please show us where it says Sept.

No one sees it here but you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Friend is Addicted.. Needs Help [ 9 Answers ]

My friend is addicted to gasoline huffing.. he often haluctinates and does inhales from gas can almost eveyday. He has admitted he needs help but does not want to ask his parents. Is there anyway to help him get over this without asking from adult?

Addicted [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 5 years and father of my two sons. Is addicted to crystal meth. I love him more then I can say. Ive tried everything I can think of to get him to stop and he hasn't. I wonna help him I just don't what else to do. Got any ideas ? Help please!!

Am I addicted? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm 20 years old and currently at university... but my friends keep telling me that I drink too much.. even for a student? I go out 6 days of the week for the past month or so and I do admit I drink till I'm past drunk and spend all my money... including my rent money on alcohol. I...

I'm so addicted to going out. [ 3 Answers ]

And I really don't know how to stop, I seriously go out EVERY NIGHT! For example, this is my schedule Sunday, have lunch with someone, ANYONE, somewhere, then at night I pretty up and go to the club Monday, if I'm not working, I go shopping then later at night, meet up with friends for drinks or...

Addicted [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am so addicted to women, I mean like naked and bikini girls and stuff but I feel if I show it to people I know and stuff it will embarrass me (sorry about the spelling) What do I do?

View more questions Search