Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tyler2675 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2016, 04:08 PM
    Puerto rico 1099 b
    Why do puerto rican residents get form 1099-b and how do you report on us 1040
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 10, 2016, 04:17 PM
    At this time, Puerto Rico is a U.S. protectorate that has its own income tax, so residents of Puerto Rico do NOT use Form 1040.

Form 1099-B is used to report Barter and Broker Exchange Transactions, WHERE it is reported on Form 1040 depends on the nature of the exchange. If the items exchanged is a capital asset, such as stock, it would be reported on SCHEDULE D.

If it is BARTER income, it may be reported on Schedule C as self-employment income, or on Line #21 of For 1040 as "other" income, with the amount declared (over $600 for SCH C, under $600 for "other income") dictating which method is used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From Ca, US and need to change my name in Puerto Rico [ 1 Answers ]

I moved from CA and for private resons I need to change my name. I fell into debt with some people that would like to injure me. I moved for my own safety but now I feel changing my name would be smart to insure I don't have anymore threat. How can I change my name here in PR when I have a CA birth...

Puerto Rico Vacation [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I are thinking of going to Puerto Rico for about 10 days at the end of January. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for a beach front hotel? We realize it's short notice but it's about the only ten day stretch of time we have for ourselves.

Puerto Rico statehood [ 5 Answers ]

I have no definitive opinion on this . I work with Puerto Ricanos ,and the ones who have moved here across the board think they are American. However ;there is no doubt that many enjoy the special status that territory brings.Currently, Puerto Rico has "commonwealth" status. Those living there are...

Paternity in Puerto Rico [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has discovered he may have fathered a child outside of our marriage. It was before we were married but while we were "together" in a long distance relationship. Needless to say this is a very hard time. We have a daughter of our own as well as my stepson. This woman is manipulating...

Property in Puerto Rico [ 2 Answers ]

My dad died in 1985 and left property without a will, this property is currently being rented and my oldest brother collects all the funds and makes sure the taxes are paid. There was 8 siblings, 3 have since died so there are only 5 left . We now have this property under contract for sale. We all...

View more questions Search