Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urgent1011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2016, 09:06 AM
    Possibility of getting pregnant??
    Hi, I'm 19 years old. I have the implant in my arm and for the last year or so haven t had any periods. I ve recently been having unprotected sex with my partner. In the last few days I ve been experiencing the oddest symptoms, from sore nipples/boobs, irritable, mood swings and going to the toilet a lot more often (not for a wee!) I was just wondering, considering my situation, would there be any possibility I could be pregnant? My friend mentioned it and can t get it out my mind now, please help!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2016, 09:24 AM
    It's possible, but not likely given the effectiveness of the implant. Having more frequent bowel movements is not usually associated with early pregnancy, but it can be common as a premenstrual symptom, along with the other things you are experiencing. As you've seen, the implant can change your cycles, but you can still experience some of the symptoms of a period even without actually having one... and it's possible that you could have a period show up now and then even when you've gone without one for quite some time.

Since pregnancy will always be a possibility when you have sex, even with properly used birth control, if it's been a few weeks since you had sex, you can always try a pregnancy test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a possibility I'm pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My last menstruation was last APRIL 23,2013.In the month of MAY I have sex with my boyfriend last MAY 2,4,& 7 2013.But until now I have no menstruation.Is there a possibility that I am pregnant?

Possibility of getting pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex last night with my hubby which is unprotected . My periods is due on 22 aug n had sex before 7 days before my due date .Is there any possibility of getting pregnant.what are the syntoms?

I want to know if there is a possibility I am pregnant [ 26 Answers ]

I have had my period in march of 2012 a normally flow, then I was sexually active on multiple times doing March of 2012, In April 2012 when I was expecting my period I got cramping & spotting for two days on & off I had light bleeding in the toilet so I thought it was my period instead it was...

Possibility of being pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I usually get my period on the 1 of every month and its never late but last month I got my period twice and I had unprotected sex on oct 22 2010 and on days surronding that day and recently what are the chances of me being pregnant I'm 17

Pregnant possibility? [ 2 Answers ]

If I was to be ovulating on the 7th and had unprotected sex on the 4th... what would be the possibility of becoming pregnant?

View more questions Search