Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nanandjohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2016, 04:15 PM
    Australian Movie Title
    I saw a movie years ago (80's?) about a man who marries a very homely young woman for her money. They marry and he takes her out in a boat in the swamp and pushes her overboard where alligators attack her. He thinks she is dead and claims it's an accident, etc. Gets her money/inheritance.
    She is found lying along the shore totally unrecognizable, by a physician who treats her and gives her a new face/identity, making her, of course, beautiful.
    You guessed it! She seeks revenge and seeks out her "husband", making him fall for her again... etc. HELP! It's making me nuts and I want to see if I can order it!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2016, 06:04 PM
    I have no idea what the movie is, but you have me interested too. I'd watch this.

Hopefully someone has the answer.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 3, 2016, 11:38 PM
    Return to Eden (1983 TV miniseries) (later a TV series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Eden

From Wikipedia: !!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
    Stephanie Harper (Rebecca Gilling) is a dull, frumpy 40-year-old heiress. Rich but insecure and with two failed marriages behind her, she marries a handsome but unscrupulous younger man, tennis pro Greg Marsden (James Reyne). Stephanie believes that she has found true love; but, after the wedding, Greg promptly begins an affair with Stephanie's best friend, Jilly Stewart (Wendy Hughes). Greg then plots to get rid of Stephanie and lay claim to her fortune. Whilst on their honeymoon, Greg pushes Stephanie into a crocodile-infested swamp, and he and Jilly watch as she is apparently mauled to death.
    However, Stephanie miraculously survives and is later found washed up on a river bank by hermit Dave Welles (Bill Kerr). Dave nurses Stephanie back to health, but her face and body are horrifically scarred from the encounter with the crocodile. Dave gives her precious gems that he mined locally so that she can use them to try to move on with her life. Stephanie sells the gems and goes to an island clinic where she meets Dr. Dan Marshall (James Smillie), a brilliant plastic surgeon who uses his talents to repair her face and body. After months of operations and physical exercise, Stephanie has been transformed into a very beautiful woman. Using the new alias of Tara Welles, given to her by Dave, Stephanie returns to Sydney and becomes a glamorous supermodel. Using her new identity and fortune, she plots her revenge on both Greg and Jilly and aims to take back what is rightfully hers, particularly her beloved family home Eden, a vast estate in the Northern Territory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Australian christmas movie [ 4 Answers ]

A very poor family living in Australia going through a drought at christmas time. An old man "father Christmas" steals a music toy box (that only works when you put a coin in it)and gives it to the boy. A rich English Family has a big party and burn a Yule Log its way to hot at the party but the...

Australian horror movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here at askmehelpdesk :) I am looking for a movie that I think is an aussie production. It's about a group of people(I think 4) that go into the windernis to research some animal(some sort of tiger thing.. ) and come across some sort of hillbilly village with people doing incest...

Australian Horror Movie [ 3 Answers ]

I am unable to remember the title of an Australian Horror movie about a Haunted car (not the movie "Christine"). The young woman works in an antique shop in a city and drives a long ride to her parents home in a very desolate countryside. The movie has a twist in that the haunting in the car is of...

Australian kids movie [ 4 Answers ]

This is my first Question and it's a toughy I think! When I was a young'un I remember wathing this movie which was set in australia. My memory isn't what it used to be and it was over 20 years now, But there was this young kid who created this chocolate bar out of eucalyptus. The kid was...

Australian movie? [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie in the 80's about some school kids and their school was taken over by some criminals. Eventually the kids trap the criminals in a cave or something and killed them. I can't remember the name of that film but if anyone knows I would appreciate the info. Chris

View more questions Search