Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lambert Andrew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2016, 02:44 PM
    Determine a formula to a word problem
    If you have a bank account with zero balance and are given $200 to start it on day one and each day after you are given the balance + $5.00 how long will it take to have the sum of $10,000.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2016, 02:47 PM
    Is there interest to be figured in?
    Lambert Andrew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2016, 03:09 PM
    No, I used bank account and payments for simplicity sake.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 28, 2016, 05:59 AM
    It's easier to simply calculate the balance on day 1, day 2, day 3 etc until you reach $10,000 than it is to derive the formula (it doesn't take very many days). But if you actually need the formula, I suggest considering the doubling of the original $200 each day as one part of the problem and the doubling of the $5 each day after day 1 as a separate part, then add them together. Go ahead and try this, and post back with your attempt and we'll check it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know the formula to solve this word problem? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know the formula to solve this word problem? Gina can solve all the problems in a chapter in 12 hours and karen can in 16 hours, how long will it take them working together? I know the answer is 4.8 hours but I don't know how to get that answer

Word problem to determine length of one side of a triangle. [ 1 Answers ]

A ladder leans up against a building that has a wall slanting away from the ladder at an angle of 96 degrees with the ground. If the bottom of the ladder is 23 feet from the base of the wall and it reaches a point 52 feet up the wall, how tall is the ladder to the nearest foot?

Word problem to determine square footage and price of carpet. [ 1 Answers ]

A room in the shape of a triangle has sides of length 6yd, 8 yd, and 13 yd. If carpeting costs $13.50/square yard, and padding costs $3.25/square yard, how much to the nearest dollar will it cost to carpet the room?

How do you determine this formula? [ 0 Answers ]

Karma Yates McCain Dench Company Company Company Company January 1, 2008 Assets $95,000 $110,000 $ 120000 $170,000 Liabilities 50,000 50000 75,000 80000 ...

Quadratic formula word problem [ 1 Answers ]

A football is thrown to a reciver 40 yards away. Using the quadratic formula y = -0.025x(Squared) + x + 5 determine: a) How many yards from the quarterback does the football reach it's maximum height and b) What is the footballs' height at that distance.

View more questions Search