Ask
    jbandhoney Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2016, 02:19 PM
    How to read EtG alcohol test results
    I need to know how to read EtG test results
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2016, 06:32 AM
    You pass or you fail. If you are under a restriction from the consumption of alcohol and drugs, you need to refrain from any of their use during the time you are subject to random or scheduled testing. And a smart person would continue to abstain in order to break the cycle of dependence that got you in trouble to start with.

Jun 26, 2016, 07:39 AM
    You didn't answer my question, I take it that you don't know yourself, is that true ? If not then give me a good answer OK ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2016, 08:00 AM
    I can't tell you how to read it unless you give me the results along with the parameters you are required to follow.

You want answers, but you don't give enough information in which to formulate the answers.

Jun 26, 2016, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I can't tell you how to read it unless you give me the results along with the parameters you are required to follow.

You want answers, but you don't give enough information in which to formulate the answers.
    Why can't you tell me how to read the results of a EtG test strip , it is either positive , negative or invalid 1 line in t and 1 line in c what that does that mean ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2016, 09:08 AM
    Is this one of those home quick test kits? If so what brand? There are numerous kits on the market so clarify that for us.Then we can lookup the "instructions for use" that you don't seem to have.

Jun 26, 2016, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Is this one of those home quick test kits? If so what brand? There are numerous kits on the market so clarify that for us.Then we can lookup the "instructions for use" that you don't seem to have.
    I can do that, thanks for your time, and please do not send anymore of your answers,
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2016, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jbandhoney View Post
    I can do that, thanks for your time, and please do not send anymore of your answers,
    If you're are so disappointed in answers, you can stop posting. What is the cut off for the test?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 27, 2016, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jbandhoney View Post
    I need to know how to read EtG test results
    Hi,

You start at the top left and go to the right. When you reach the end of a line, go back to the left and start at the beginning of the next line. Reading a EtG test result is similar to reading a book or a newspaper. The procedure is the same, but the content is different.

If you're looking on how to interpret the results into a pass or a fail then you have provided us with far too little information. Each lab will have slightly different procedures, and slightly different result sheets. The basics, if you follow my above instructions, is finding two pieces of information:
    1). The test cut off. This will be expressed in XXXng/ml. Which is saying at what amount you will fail the test at.
    2). The rest results. This will also be express XXXng/ml. Which is saying what amount was found in your urine.

From that you can gather if you passed. IF your results were higher then the cut off then you FAIL. If the results were less then the cut off then you PASS.

There might be other things on there that might indicate whether you failed because of dilution, I am not sure how that would be phrased on the results sheet from YOUR lab. It would be different then the one three states over.

In the end you just need to practise the steps from the top of my post and, given the information that has been presented, decide if your results are a pass or fail.

If that is far too confusing, then I would contact the person who ordered the test, your parole officer, CPS agent, Rehab manager, or whoever, and get the results verbally.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you read an EtG test results? [ 4 Answers ]

Dr. Bill 100, I need assistance interpreting the results of an ETG urine analysis. I took an ETG urine analysis and the results state: 8 Panel Dilute Creatinine 8 Panel Positive Ethyl Glucuronide URINE: Ethyl Glucuronide - ETG (500 ng/ml) POSITIVE Specimen Validity Panel (20...

Flase-positive results on the EtG test for alcohol [ 4 Answers ]

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, and my Doctor told me I could have a few beers here and there and it would not hurt anything, but around Christmas I got pulled over for doing one of those "rolling stop" things coming home. They said I didn't act drunk and were going to let me go home, if I could...

I need help reading an EtG alcohol test results [ 6 Answers ]

And ethyllgucuronide (ETG) > 10,000 ng/ml Ethyl sulfate (ETS) (4690 ng/ml) Creatine 93.7 mg/dl What do these results on a EtG alcohol test with reslts of Ethyl Glucuronide detected with a 100 ng/ml cutoff mean?

Dr. Bill 100, how do you read an EtG test results? [ 3 Answers ]

Dr. Bill 100, I need assistance interpreting the results of an ETG urine analysis. I took an ETG urine analysis and the results state: positive ethyl sulfate level 561.00; positive ethyl glucuronide level 1248. I am requesting assistance in understanding this data.

How to read an EtG test alcohol test results [ 0 Answers ]

N an EtG detected by LC/MS/MS And ets detected by LC/MS/MS (4690 ng/ml) And including the following results Ethyllgucuronide (ETG) > 10,000 ng/ml Ethyl sulfate (ETS) (4690 ng/ml) Creatine 93.7 mg/dl

View more questions Search