Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kjoyner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2016, 08:39 AM
    Replaced inside toilet parts now water will not turn back on
    I replaced all the iside parts to the toilet. Now the water will not come back on.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2016, 09:29 AM
    What brand flush valve did you use? Did you follow install instructions and make sure the fill valve is clear? Disconnect the riser pipe at the angle stop and check for water.
    Kjoyner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2016, 11:17 AM
    I believe it was fluidmaster. My brother in law installed everything. Went to turn the water back on and the water would not come back on. I will have him do what you said.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2016, 11:19 AM
    Hello Kjoyner,

Make sure your angle valve is open if that is open then you can check if the angle valve is at fault or the new fill valve, close the angle valve disconnect the supply line from the bottom of the toilet tank get a pane put the end of the supply line into it, open the angle valve see if the water flows if it does the problem is with the new fill valve, if not the problem is with angle valve or the supply line, now close the angle valve disconnect the supply line from the angle valve open the angle valve and see if the water flows if it does problem is with supply line if not problem is with the angle valve, Good luck

John
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2016, 07:49 PM
    Please see the images below and tell us which one is your fill valve, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have replaced the inside of my toilet tank, still hear a trickle every 3-4 flushes [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently replaced everything in the toilet tank and now every 3-4 flushes I hear a trickle of water - not on every flush. I don't know what else to do help!

Toilet still leaks after replacing all inside parts [ 1 Answers ]

I have the same problem. Replaced all the innards to the toilet and then put 2 gallons of water in it to see if there was a leak (didn't hook up water line). Left for an hr and the 2 gallons were gone. No leakage on outside of tank so I figure it must be the flapper but that whole assy is new....

No water from ball faucet.just replaced parts! [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all! I am at my wit's end. For the past year my kitchen ball Peerless faucet has had issues. It started with having to manipulate the handle several different ways to get the water to flow. Jerk it, slam it , etc. That finally no longer worked but it had a steady drip. Sometimes after trying...

Replace parts inside toilet tank . [ 9 Answers ]

Feel I need to replace the parts inside my toilet tank... After water has stopped, I cannot hear anything, but I sometimes notice a trickle of Water still coming into the bowl. I would like advice on best brand name to purchase so I can replace myself. Lowe's and Home Depot are in my...

Toilet still leaks after replacing all inside parts [ 16 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old toilet that has started leaking over the past few months. I realized the leak was an issue when my water bill doubled. I did the leak test with food coloring and it tested positive for a leak as expected. I replaced a warped flapper and waited a few days yet there was still...

View more questions Search