Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geckoman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2016, 02:54 AM
    Do I have to pay FICA tax if I am a full time employee for a UAE company
    Do I have to pay FICA tax if I am a full time employee for an Emerati company?
    I know I have to pay income tax but what about FICA tax?
    geckoman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2016, 03:02 AM
    I live in the UAE, working full time for an Emerati company, do I have to pay FICA ta
    I live in the UAE and working full time as an employee for an Emerati owned company. I know I have to pay income tax as a US citizen but do I still need to pay FICA.

I got this from the iRS website,

Social Security and Medicare Tax for Persons Employed by a Foreign Employer

U.S. Citizens, Resident Aliens, and Nonresident Aliens employed outside the United States by a foreign employer are not generally subject to Social Security and Medicare tax withholding. However, an American employer with a foreign affiliate may request that Social Security and Medicare taxes be withheld from the U.S. citizen and resident alien employees of the foreign affiliate by filing Form 2032, Contract Coverage Under Title II of the Social Security Act.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 17, 2016, 05:38 AM
    As noted by the IRS website citation, you are NOT obligated to pay FICA (Social Security and Medicare) taxes while working for an overseas company in a foreign country.

The option to have FICA taxes withheld applies ONLY IF the employer is a foreign affiliate of a U.S. company. That does not apply in your case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

May a full-time employee also work as a temporary employee for the same company? [ 3 Answers ]

We are a small CBRF (community based residential facility) in Wisconsin, with 12 full-time employees. In the past when a full-time employee could not work we either have a temporary/pool employee to work ($12.00 per hour). However, sometimes pool employees are unavailable. In that case we have...

1099 full time employee [ 4 Answers ]

Work for cater as full time employee... work off site events which are paid by employer with a company check. (which is paid by client to employer) not on payrol... no taxes being withheld. 1099 for these events, Employer claims we are independent contractors for these events and therefor...

2010 Tax error: Did not pay FICA tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, For 2010 tax, my employer did not withhold FICA (SS/Medicare tax) as I was on OPT. I have filed Form 1040 and got my returns for 2010. Is it fine if I filed form 1040 instead of 1040 NR? Do I owe back taxes? Edit: I entered US in 2006 on H1b. Since 2006-2008 was on H1B. 2008- on F1 (grad...

FICA Tax must paid by employer or Employee? Is there any excemption in it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am on H1B visa , working in GA. 1. does the FICA tax needs to be paid by the employer or by employee? 2. is there any exemption based on annual income? If yes what should be the yearly income to get rid of FICA tax? I am curious to know the answer for these Payroll...

View more questions Search