Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GrannyGirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Yard King mower
    We have a Yard King riding mower. Last week my husband told our grandson that he could mow over this small tree stump that was sticking up... about an inch in diameter. Needless to say, he couldn't. :) When he started to do it, the deck hit and the lawnmower died. They couldn't get it to restart, so thinking that the battery was 2 or 3 yrs. Old, my husband bought a new one. It still won't start. I read somewhere there is a safety on the mower deck? Could this possibly be the problem? We just got this one paid for and really hate to go into debt for another new one if it is a minor problem. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks for your time.
    Thomas Mills Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Apr 14, 2007, 11:47 AM
    That is what it is. Look on top of the deck where the idler pulley engages the drive belt. There should be a button or switch next to it. I would need the model # to look at my manual to tell you where the switch is. Send me the model # if you can't find it. You can by pass the switch by unpluging it possibly. Thomas

Apr 14, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Thank you so much for answering so quickly. :) I have showed my husband your answer. He was out there for awhile this afternoon but still couldn't get it to start. He said he will check out what you said to do tomorrow. I will let you know if it works. Thanks again. Have a great day!

Apr 16, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Hello again! I have the model# for you on the lawnmower. It is 42575X81C. Sorry it took longer to get it. I appreciate any help and information you may have. Thanks again! Have a great week!

Apr 16, 2007, 12:22 PM
    http://www.outdoordistributors.com/p...PARTS-LIST.pdf Go to this site and see if it looks like your tractor. I am still looking for the switch. I could not find the model # that ends in C this one ends in A. Will send you another link later. Thomas

Apr 16, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Murray Parts Lists Murray Lawn Mower Parts lists If you look on this site you might find a owners manual that could help. Thomas

Apr 16, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Murray Parts Lists Murray Lawn Mower Parts lists

Apr 16, 2007, 01:49 PM
    We have checked the website above. He says it's a "C". I can tell you that the year on it isn't a 2001. The date is 02073. Nothing seems to be working so far. Any other suggestions? Thanks again!

Apr 16, 2007, 02:11 PM
    OOPS! Forgot to add that the 15 amp fuse keeps blowing and blows when you put a new one in. Shorted somewhere? Thanks again!

Apr 17, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Mr. Mills, I want to thank you for taking the time to answer my posting. My husband and I thought maybe it was far more than we thought so we decided to let someone who knows lawnmowers find the problem. If we have to bury it, we will purchase another. :) I have this gut feeling that our lawnmower may have "bit the dust". :) Thanks again for all the help. It was deeply appreciated.

By the way, we are originally from Indy area (Grnfld.). Moved here 2 yrs ago after retiring.
    roy7121 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Have you checked the flywheel key on the engine.. if it is shearded it will not shart
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Granny Girl, Don't Give Up So Easily, Your Unit Is Not Ready To Be Scrap, If You Feel You Are In Over Your Head Here, Carry It To A Shop, It May Cost You A Little, But At Least You Shouldn't Have To Go Into Debt Again.
    cforrend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Is the mow deck still engaged? If it is it won't start . Stop blades from spinning and sart your engins

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mid-90's puppet show! Helpppp! [ 4 Answers ]

OK so around mid-90's there was a children's show and there were 2 cats, one boy one girl. And the boy wore a red sweater, and had red stripes on his fur. And there was a dog with floppy ears, and then there were 2 other creatures one with a green face and one with a purple face.. they were all...

I Am Trying To Gain Weight Helpppp [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Trying To Gain Weight It Seems Like After I Had My Baby I Can't Gain Any Weight So I Need To Know How To Do This Fastttt Help

View more questions Search