Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JBran238 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2016, 01:39 PM
    Why does my power strip keep shutting off?
    I am using my motorhome as an office. I am using a portable AC unit because the main AC in the RV does not work. I have the portable AC unit plugged into a surge protector along with a printer. On really hot days, the surge protector will shut off by itself. If I reset the surge protector it works for 5 minutes or so before shutting off again. I'm not sure if something is wrong with my portable AC, or the power strip, or the outlet in the RV. Professional advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2016, 01:44 PM
    You are overloading the surge protector/power strip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power Strip [ 9 Answers ]

I have a lot of power strips. But none are wall mounted. Yes they have slotted holes In the back but they slide out. I guess I could buy a power strip with mounting tabs. I wonder if there is some kind of bracket to affix the power strip to the wall? Any ideas?

Power Strip / Power Director [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a powerstrip or power director that I can place my monitoir on that has power buttons for my printer, monitor, computer, router, etc.. Any suggestions?

Building a Custom Power Strip [ 12 Answers ]

Here’s what I want to do: I am basically making my own power strip. I want to control each outlet with its own switch. I want to use an extension cord for my wiring by pulling out the wire. What do I run to each screw? Please see the pictures for the details. If the pictures are confusing, let...

Will not power on. Brown out while shutting down [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Gateway 835GM & I was shutting it down and we had a brown out. Now the tower will not power on at all. :(

Power for 2 seconds before shutting down [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I've got a problem with my PC and I was wondering if some people wouldn't mind taking some stabs at what they think it could be. I brought a nice case for my PC the other day and transferred everything over along with adding some more RAM and a new HD. I got everything up and running...

View more questions Search