Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2016, 01:13 PM
    No Throttle Control
    Why are all new lawn mowers factory set to 3200 rpm (no throttle control)?
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jun 13, 2016, 01:17 PM
    If I were to guess, I would think so that the EPA can control the Emissions, if they are the ones who control that.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2016, 05:55 PM
    That is an efficient speed for less air pollution. Any lawnmower engine is maybe 15% efficient. At low RPM is runs rich.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2016, 07:05 PM
    All mowers have a throttle control , what kind do you have .
    I run mine at 3400 rpms .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2016, 12:12 PM
    I think he is referring to push mowers.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2016, 08:26 AM
    Okay all mowers push or rider have a way to throttle them up .
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2016, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Okay all mowers push or rider have a way to throttle them up .
    No they don't.. some might... but they all don't.

I have one that doesn't, and several that do...

Assume its something the Environazi's imposed.

I adjust it higher to get MUCH better cutting performance out of the mower, they aren't mowing my yard for me so I set it where it makes me happy. Its not hard to do.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2016, 11:40 AM
    That's why I go to tech schools , they all adjust if you know were to look ,
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2016, 02:40 PM
    I think the confusion comes in the use of the word "throttle". Most push mowers I have seen in the past two or three decades do not have a throttle. Can the rpms be adjusted up or down? Yes, but that is not, to me, the same thing as a throttle.

Assume its something the Environazi's imposed.
    I love that quote!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2016, 03:01 PM
    I have an electric start Torro, a MTD, and a Run of the Mill Briggs and Stratton (Simple store branded unit) all that have Actual Throttle levers on the handle, and a 6.5 hp Murray that doesn't that would bog down and stall out in the same grass the old 3.5 ho briggs kept cutting without trouble. RPM"S were way too low for the mower to clear its own clippings... (was given to me when it was 6 months old by a neighbor that was moving).

It works fairly well once I cranked it up over how it was built... or I was going to put a throttle lever and cable on it... I still might. Would only take me about 10 minutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs and Stratton Carb Remote Throttle control linkage [ 1 Answers ]

The motor runs full throttle even in the low speed setting. It seems to me that I am missing a part on the governor control rack.

I havecheck engine light came on throttle control- 2001 nissan altima? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 nissann altima, I took it to the shop because the engine light came back on after replacing the engine the same problems are still wrong with it (p1402-egr valve,p0325- nock sensor, and p1125- throttle control) I'm not sure what these mean and would like some advice on what to do

Old Ariens Snow Blower, NO Throttle control [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1973 Ariens 7 hp, 22" two stage in fairly good shape. Last year it had a new carburator and it has been running great and then just stopped running great. There is no throttle control, it is running at a low RPM speed and will not responf to the speed control, except to shut down. The...

18.5 sears craftsman tractor throttle control arm [ 1 Answers ]

The tractor engine races when the choke infully pushed in . It seems that the control arm to the carborator is missing a spring to hold the throttle in the correct position. I can manually push it up where it belongs and the engine runs normally. I can't find any exploded diagrams on the sears web...

Mower doesn't start ---- Throttle lost control [ 12 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, This is my first time to be here joining "askmehelpdesk". My Craftsman lawn mower does not start at all (no any sound when pulling the starting rope). I found the throttle can not be adjusted though the control lever can be set to either "Low" or "High". It seems to me that one...

View more questions Search